Old 03-28-2020, 03:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Help...Problem with newly installed seat covers

Hello,

Just finished rebuilding my rear seat with blasted/primed seat springs/frames, new burlap, cotton, foam etc, and new covers.

Finished the seat bottom 3 days ago and finished the seat back last night. Looked them over once more this afternoon before I put them in storage (car still not painted) and I see 3-4 of the heat pressed vertical seams on the backrest have let go and it looks like total crap...to say I am disappointed is an understatement.

After some close inspection I see what appears to be a manufacturing defect. I can see that the pressure or heat that was used on the affected seams to bond them through the foam and to the back panel was less than the others that are still holding, as you can see the shape of the simulated stitching on the good seams while the ones that let go have almost no embossing at all.

Complicating matters is that I purchased the complete interior kit 4 years ago and due to change of jobs and other life issues just started on the interior last week

Anyone seen this happen before? I will contact the manufacturer next week to see what they might be willing to do for me.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200328_150717_resized.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	535606   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200328_150726_resized.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	535607   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200328_150820_resized.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	535608   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200328_150839_resized.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	535609  

Oshawa built 1 option Judge basket case. 463, SD KRE 295's, CNC'd factory intake, Cliff's Qjet, Stump Puller HR cam, RARE RA manifolds, Pypes exhaust, T56 Magnum, McLeod RXT clutch, 3.42 12 bolt. 24 year project almost done...
Old 03-29-2020, 03:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yep. Probably PUI? I had the same problem years ago... they wouldn't do anything about it. Went with Legendary. Problem solved.

Old 03-29-2020, 08:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

OK thanks, I'm at least comforted to know someone else has seen this.

I'd rather not name the manufacturer until I give them a chance to help but I will update this thread when all is said and done.

Thanks

Oshawa built 1 option Judge basket case. 463, SD KRE 295's, CNC'd factory intake, Cliff's Qjet, Stump Puller HR cam, RARE RA manifolds, Pypes exhaust, T56 Magnum, McLeod RXT clutch, 3.42 12 bolt. 24 year project almost done...
Old 04-02-2020, 03:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

So you don't have to completely scrap them, maybe an upholstery shop can sew the pleats into the covers- kinda like a wide pattern of tuck and roll- and make them look good?
Maybe an option vs. losing money on them...

Old 04-09-2020, 01:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow. That's disappointing. Good luck on trying to get a replacement set after 4 years. All you can do is plead your case and see.

Old 04-09-2020, 08:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The manufacturer responded the next day to my email, and said they would replace the cover once production resumed.

Very happy for their quick response and standing behind their product, and will update the thread once it is received and installed. This may take awhile

Thanks

Old 04-10-2020, 09:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That's sounds like a reasonable response, especially given the time frame. Now just hope that it happens relatively quick.
Better than the response I got from the co. I bought my brake booster from. The m/c was bad, of course like a lot of car guys it sat on the shelf for a year after I bought it. They said since it was so long that I was SOL.

The Following User Says Thank You to TAKerry For This Useful Post: