Old 12-14-2013, 11:38 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Smile

I agree.That car would cost 50.000 dollar in Sweden,easy.And I think the car looks great,way better then Verdoro and a vinyl roof.So buy the car,get in.Put it in the Drive and step on it! Have a cold beer,burn some rubber,listen to that Ram Air V8 and enjoy life!!

Old 12-15-2013, 12:22 AM
Suspended

Default CAPS LOCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatmanmitch View Post
First off, press the 'caps lock' before you type anything else.

The Boss did not imply anything about separating the VIN from the car. He did imply keeping the RAIV engine and selling the car, VIN and all, with a different engine. Nothing illegal or immoral. Just as Greg Reid said.
THANX FOR THE COMPUTER LESSON BUT IVE BEEN DOING IT THIS WAY FOR QUITE SOME TIME I guess I could hit the button that you so rightly pointed out BUT I CHOOSE NOT TO JUST ASKED A QUESTION AND ILL ASK IT AGAIN IF YOU YANK THE MOTOR DO YOU STOP THERE OR KEEP GOING I COULD CARE LESS EITHER WAY ALMOST EVERYBODY ON HERE KNOWS WHAT I THINK OF NUMBERS MATCHING STORIES YOUR BETTER OFF WATCHING A DISNEY MOVIE MORE TRUTH THAN THE NUMBERS MATCHING STORIES I HEAR ALL THE TIME AND THE VERY CAR YOUR SPEAKING OF IS TRUTH OF THAT SO AGAIN WHAT DOES ONE DO AFTER YANKING THE ENGINE ITS A FAIR QUESTION

Old 12-15-2013, 12:29 AM
Suspended

Default TOM JOLLS WITH THE WEATHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram4king View Post
You guys are CRAZY. What we have here at best is a 70 raiv gto with the wrong motor,probably wrong trans and wrong rear. Wrong interior color too. So we have a cobbled up car for how much????? By the time your done you will have more money in it that's it's worth...why do u think the real players on this board and there's plenty are not buying it. And the seller is questionable at best. I've heard out lots of problem deals but I won't go there..ITS CHRISTMAS time for Christ sake. Anyway. If u like to gamble then go for it. I'd rather buy an all original base motor car that's not whored up myself. Here's Tom with the weather!
MY FORECAST FOR TONITE IS IN THE NORTHEAST IT WILL REMAIN COLD BUT WE WILL SEE A CHANCE OF 1970 RAM AIR IV CARS MIXED IN WITH FLURRIES AND BY THE LOOKS OF DOPLER RADAR MOST OF THE RAM IV CARS WILL BE GREEN IN THE MIDWEST VERY COLD WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN ITS RAINING JUDGE CONVERTIBLES SO BE ADVISED IN THE SOUTHWEST MY FAVOURITE PART OF THE COUNTRY NOT ONLY DO WE FINALLY HAVE SOME RAIN IN THE FORECAST BUT WERE CALLING FOR 90 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAINING RUST FREE ORIGINAL PAINT RAM AIR IV CRYSTAL TURQUOISE FIRBIRDS CONVERTIBLES ON SATURDAY AND COUPES ON SUNDAY SO GET YOUR RAINCOATS AND SPARE KEYS AND YOU TO COULD BE IN MY FORECAST NOW BACK TO YOU HOBI

Old 12-15-2013, 01:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

with this said in the add:

"This car may have had an air conditioning modification at some point.

It does have an AC hole on the firewall."

maybe it's a rebody? no picture of the firewall. sure, it could have been modified easy enough.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobi View Post
THANX FOR THE COMPUTER LESSON BUT IVE BEEN DOING IT THIS WAY FOR QUITE SOME TIME I guess I could hit the button that you so rightly pointed out BUT I CHOOSE NOT TO JUST ASKED A QUESTION AND ILL ASK IT AGAIN IF YOU YANK THE MOTOR DO YOU STOP THERE OR KEEP GOING I COULD CARE LESS EITHER WAY ALMOST EVERYBODY ON HERE KNOWS WHAT I THINK OF NUMBERS MATCHING STORIES YOUR BETTER OFF WATCHING A DISNEY MOVIE MORE TRUTH THAN THE NUMBERS MATCHING STORIES I HEAR ALL THE TIME AND THE VERY CAR YOUR SPEAKING OF IS TRUTH OF THAT SO AGAIN WHAT DOES ONE DO AFTER YANKING THE ENGINE ITS A FAIR QUESTION
Joe, the tag work gets left to the METALFINISHER, I'd just yank the motor and sell it as a Judge clone with a RA IV PHS. I'm sure somebody at Mecum or BJ would pay 25k for that.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
The Following User Says Thank You to The Boss For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2013, 10:44 AM
Suspended

Default JUDGE CLONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
Joe, the tag work gets left to the METALFINISHER, I'd just yank the motor and sell it as a Judge clone with a RA IV PHS. I'm sure somebody at Mecum or BJ would pay 25k for that.
HEY CHRIS LETS GO PARTNERS AND TAKE IT TO THE BIG SHOW AT BARRETT AND ILL BRING SOME METALFINISHER T-SHIRTS FOR YOU AND ME TO WEAR TO REPRESENT THE CAR AND WE CAN MAKE SOME MONEY HELL WE MIGHT EVEN GET A REALITY SHOW FLIPPIN CARS WITH THE BOSS AND THE METALFINISHER HOWS THAT

Last edited by hobi; 12-15-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:48 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
HEY CHRIS LETS GO PARTNERS AND TAKE IT TO THE BIG SHOW AT BARRETT AND ILL BRING SOME METALFINISHER T-SHIRTS FOR YOU AND ME TO WEAR TO REPRESENT THE CAR AND WE CAN MAKE SOME MONEY HELL WE MIGHT EVEN GET A REALITY SHOW FLIPPIN CARS WITH THE BOSS AND THE METALFINISHER HOWS THAT
How come your name is hobi with small letters and you write in CAPPS?

WWFT what would Frank think?

Old 12-16-2013, 06:52 AM
Suspended

Default CAPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard sargent View Post
How come your name is hobi with small letters and you write in CAPPS?

WWFT what would Frank think?
OK THATS IT I HEARD FOR THE LAST TIME ABOUT CAPS IM TAKING A COMPUTER LESSON THIS WEEK

Old 12-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram4king View Post
You guys are CRAZY. What we have here at best is a 70 raiv gto with the wrong motor,probably wrong trans and wrong rear. Wrong interior color too. So we have a cobbled up car for how much????? By the time your done you will have more money in it that's it's worth...why do u think the real players on this board and there's plenty are not buying it. And the seller is questionable at best. I've heard out lots of problem deals but I won't go there..ITS CHRISTMAS time for Christ sake. Anyway. If u like to gamble then go for it. I'd rather buy an all original base motor car that's not whored up myself. Here's Tom with the weather!

Excellent post.....

Was this the same one being sold in JAN 13 for $23,500 and questions about the firewall / a/c/ more...went to $19xxx and didnt sell?

Someone said the firewall pic was "cropped" (no firewall) on first sale if same car.....I don't know about that...any new pics added?

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...light=firewall

Last edited by JLHarper; 12-16-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
By the time you're done
Herein lies the rub....It depends on your definition of done. If you like the car just the way it is, I don't think the price is too far out of line.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Taking it for what it is. as the seller describes it as a driver, and a rust free California car, I would buy this car if I was in the market for another toy. I love the fact that is rust free, and that I can beat on the Ram IV to my hearts delight without worrying about a huge decrease in value. Im either missing something on this car, or the market is weak weak weak.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
with all caps and no punctuation, your post are hard to read, so sadly a lot of people will just skip over them. could be the reason you don't get many answers.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
OK THATS IT I HEARD FOR THE LAST TIME ABOUT CAPS IM TAKING A COMPUTER LESSON THIS WEEK
Typing all caps means you are shouting....

Lesson over....

Don

Old 12-16-2013, 10:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The A/C firewall scares me....

1973 Formula SD455 - #'s auto orig paint
1972 Trans Am - 4 speed orig paint
1974 Formula 400 - Ram Air automatic
1966 2+2 convertible - 421 4bbl automatic
1967 Grand Prix - 4 speed orig paint
1967 GTO - 4 speed orig paint 35k orig miles
Old 12-16-2013, 10:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHarper View Post
Excellent post.....

Was this the same one being sold in JAN 13 for $23,500 and questions about the firewall / a/c/ more...went to $19xxx and didnt sell?

Someone said the firewall pic was "cropped" (no firewall) on first sale if same car.....I don't know about that...any new pics added?

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...light=firewall
yes, that's the same car.

I'm thinking along the lines of Greg. get in it and drive as is, as long as it wasn't a rebody.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:20 PM
Suspended

Default CAPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971WARBIRD View Post
with all caps and no punctuation, your post are hard to read, so sadly a lot of people will just skip over them. could be the reason you don't get many answers.
YOU ANSWERED THANKS REGARDS HOBI

Old 12-17-2013, 07:23 PM
Suspended

Default REBODY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Meaney View Post
yes, that's the same car.

I'm thinking along the lines of Greg. get in it and drive as is, as long as it wasn't a rebody.
DO REBODIES DRIVE DIFFERENT THAN ORIGINAL BODIES

Old 12-17-2013, 07:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
DO REBODIES DRIVE DIFFERENT THAN ORIGINAL BODIES

NOPE, BUT THEY COST LESS

Old 12-17-2013, 09:08 PM
Suspended

Default REBODIES COST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Meaney View Post