Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 08-10-2020, 05:28 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWYSTR455 View Post
Actually, that's pretty good belt wrap.
170 amp on the Billet Specialties vs 140 amp on Wraptor, but 140 is plenty for my application. With AC, PS, and the rest, the Billet Specialties comes in at $2,675. The CVF Wraptor cost me $1,795 plus $195 for clearcoat ceramic.
They appear similar in how they grab the water pump pulley.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	14900.png
Views:	99
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	546842   Click image for larger version

Name:	PONT-WRAPTOR-AC-2__42437.1522088057 (1).jpg
Views:	96
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	546843  

Old 08-10-2020, 05:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I needed as much hood space as possible, and can't remember if the raptor was available when I bought my setup. I do admit, the cost was a choker. With the inclusive, in black, and the upgraded alt, I think mine came in at $3350, and I had to buy a reservoir for the PS still, which was like $180.

All the coatings and finishes are top-notch, and the hardware is all ARP stainless 12-point. It uses the Edelbrock water pump, the most expensive pump out there for a Pontiac. Uhg.

But I have to admit, it was a well thought out package and install was a breeze. Pictures for everything, and the written portion was accurate and thorough.

Still though, it's far from inexpensive. I still kind of choke when I think about spending that much.

1970 GTO Judge Tribute Pro-Tour Project 535 IA2
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=760624
1971 Trans Am 463, 315cfm E-head Sniper XFlow EFI, TKO600 extreme, 9", GW suspension, Baer brakes, pro tour car
https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...ght=procharger
Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zKAS...ature=youtu.be
The Following User Says Thank You to HWYSTR455 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2020, 08:21 PM
Senior Chief

I doubled down with both CVF and Max Performance. 2 CVF Wraptor systems, one for the 65 GTO and a Black Diamond for my Roadrunner, and Cold Case radiators from Max Performance. Each car got Vintage Air, I already have a Passon Performance a855 5 speed, and the GTO is going to get the TKO600 installed soon. Wilwood 4 wheel disc brakes are already doing stopping duty on the GTO, when we had a 9" Quick Performance rear axle assembly installed. That housing is about to be swapped for one with the correct adjustable lower lift bar brackets (like I had originally specced but they made a mistake) and Global West permanent coilover conversion. The Roadrunner is getting 4 wheel 6 piston Wilwood disc brakes now. Hydramax hydraulic throwout bearing conversion kits for both cars, and the HitMaster launch control system for the Roadrunner. I expect the HitMaster to be awesome, so the Hydramax will have the GTO prepped for one too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BD-440-WRAPTOR-ACO-2__76434.1534169759 (1).jpg
Views:	97
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	546860  

Old 08-10-2020, 09:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I went with a 69 GTO factory setup in my 65. Found some used pulleys locally and bought repop brackets. Power steering but no air. Took a little redneck engineering to get them all straight but everything is great now and wasn’t too spendy. Haven’t thrown a belt but I have the rev limiter set at 5500.

Old 08-12-2020, 12:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Really old thread but since there are a few new posts, I'll play...

I recently installed this setup from CVF: https://www.cvfracing.com/stealth-bl...ic-water-pump/

I used a Meziere HD EWP (PWM controlled), bought the black CVF AC compressor to replace my Vintage Air unit, had Quality Power anodize my billet alt black and install a serpentine pulley, and bought a Lee Power Steering pump/reservoir kit.

I couldn't be happier with the kit except the 2 adjustment rods are misrepresented, they sent me silver ones. I had those and ALL of the fasteners done locally in Cerakote Elite Blackout. Came out perfect, all of their shims nailed the alignment, but I did have to get a shorter belt than the one they sent in the kit.

I went with that kit because I needed EWP support and I wanted a toned-down look, not a hot rod look.