Non Pontiac Motors in Pontiacs includes factory 403,305,350 Chevy, Buick V6,
Also Pontiac Motors in non-Pontiacs!

Old 11-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The funny/ironic part is the Chevy boys are having the same kind of issues. They can't get their heads around the LSx engines. Too much like a Pontiac engine, I guess. Who knows, but I think it's funny that they're getting a dose of what it was like for the Pontiac/Buick/Olds/Caddy guys when GM only had SBC engines. Now that SBC aren't powering anything, they don't know what to do.
I say just embrace the LSx platform. It's GM's future.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC455 View Post
The funny/ironic part is the Chevy boys are having the same kind of issues. They can't get their heads around the LSx engines. Too much like a Pontiac engine, I guess. Who knows, but I think it's funny that they're getting a dose of what it was like for the Pontiac/Buick/Olds/Caddy guys when GM only had SBC engines. Now that SBC aren't powering anything, they don't know what to do.
I say just embrace the LSx platform. It's GM's future.
Future? It's GM's present. The LSX motors have been around for almost 12 years now...amazing it's been that long actually. Seems like yesterday when I went out and bought my 1999 Trans Am...god I remember test driving that car and what my GF at the time was going to think/do to me when I got home with it. LOL...good times.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve v View Post
We had seen this 67 GTO convert with an 04-06 GTO running gear at the Good Guys show in Charlotte last weekend & it was a sweet looking ride also.

Steve-

I know you don't have more pics, do recall if he used the stock dash or the new gto dash?

john

Old 12-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm not positive but I think he used the '04 console, door panels but had the 67 dash. Hopefully it'll turn up at another show & I can get some more pics & info on it.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Those 67 pics are sweet. Very tastefully done. I really like how they made the later model seats into low backs. Not crazy about the smoothed firewall but that's about it - probably had to do it for clearance?

400 + .020, decked to .005
SD Performance 240+CFM 670 heads
RARE HO/RA manifolds
RARE 2.5" Exhaust (18" Magnaflows)
SD "Stump Puller" HR cam (230/236, 112LSA, 107.5 ICL)
PRW stainless 1.52 roller rockers
Forged TRW slugs
SCAT H-Beam forged rods
Old 01-04-2009, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_GTO View Post

not sure who owns it but Moore Performance in Mooresville NC (one of the top LS/ corvette shop around) did the tuning on it. I do not remember all the specs on it, but it is supposed to be bad ass.

Those Old Timers That Think...

There Is No Replacement For Displacement
Do Not Know What Boost Is.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:35 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Indian View Post
not sure who owns it but Moore Performance in Mooresville NC (one of the top LS/ corvette shop around) did the tuning on it. I do not remember all the specs on it, but it is supposed to be bad ass.
Everyone who sees a ruined older car with LS power thinks it's bad ass. More like dumbass!!!
Of course it's funny that Ford's little bitty mod motor is running quicker than any LS based engine!!! (low 6's for the mod motor compared to very high 6's for the best 150k+ LS based engine with custom billet heads)

Old 01-14-2009, 10:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by goquick View Post
Everyone who sees a ruined older car with LS power thinks it's bad ass. More like dumbass!!!
Of course it's funny that Ford's little bitty mod motor is running quicker than any LS based engine!!! (low 6's for the mod motor compared to very high 6's for the best 150k+ LS based engine with custom billet heads)
Who gives a **** about race cars? It's a whole other animal....this is a street car....apples to oranges.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:45 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Who gives a **** about race cars? It's a whole other animal....this is a street car....apples to oranges.

The point you just missed was just because it has a LSseries engine in it doesn't mean it's worth a crap!

Old 01-14-2009, 11:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
The point you just missed was just because it has a LSseries engine in it doesn't mean it's worth a crap!

Based on your assumption of RACE CAR ENGINES? Keep dreaming dude. The LSX engine is something special. In 1999, I had a Trans Am that made 309hp at the wheels. Not bad for something that was rated at 305 net at the crank. They've only gotten better and there are plenty of aftermarket parts and support for them.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Everyone who sees a ruined older car with LS power thinks it's bad ass. More like dumb ass!!!
dumb ass? if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black. a car don't need to run in the 6's,7's or even 9's to be a bad car. if you have a fully loaded street car with a/c running in the 10's or 11's that is very respectable. as for ruining the value, to each is there own. 2 months ago when I kicked a rod out the side of my block of my 900 hp Buick v6 I called Jim Butler about building a Pontiac motor. but after thinking more about it I'm building another v6. it is what I want.

Quote:
exactly. as a matter of fact I called the friend of mine that works over there, & I was mistaken, it is a stock LS motor. it is a very clean looking car.

Those Old Timers That Think...

There Is No Replacement For Displacement
Do Not Know What Boost Is.