Non Pontiac Motors in Pontiacs includes factory 403,305,350 Chevy, Buick V6,
Also Pontiac Motors in non-Pontiacs!

Old 05-23-2008, 09:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking 200 horse electric

Check out this link.
The Powerphase 150 motor
Look at how small the motor is. Great specs.

Click on the pdf file

http://www.uqm.com/products/specsheet.html

Pontiac Gregg

Last edited by OINK 1; 05-23-2008 at 09:58 AM. Reason: more data
Old 05-23-2008, 01:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That's what I'm talking about. 2 or 4 of those & I'm good.

Old 05-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool

OMG. Need to move this crap to either this section............

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...play.php?f=423

or this section..................

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...play.php?f=424

This is the Pontiac Race section

Old 05-24-2008, 05:11 AM
Senior Chief

I fully agree with the "Dude"!!! I could care less about electric cars and motors especially in a forum that is ment for Pontiac powered race cars. I first suggested this crap should be in The Lobby, I now suggust you might want to try these forums to post your electronic spew if you have such a BLEEP for electric cars:

http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/

or

http://www.evforum.net/

Matt

Old 05-24-2008, 10:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

He's not suggesting that we replace our mighty V-8, just pointing something cool out. I am interested in the technology, and would not have seen it in the lobby because I spend most of my time in this forum. Maybe if I convert my 68 to electric, I will be able to put some gas in the race car. :-}

Old 05-24-2008, 11:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile PontiacDude/Lust01

azbirds is correct, this is the place ( race )to talk about the electric cars.
It's new, cool, helps get us out of the war.

"Don't knock it just because you 2 don't understand it."

So, are you going to conver your cars to E-85 ?? 105 octane, ya know.

I can do that for you also, direct port fuel injection,then you can run on alcohol or gas.

Pontiac Gregg
Think out side the box

Old 05-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Senior Chief

I fully disagree, This is a forum to discuss racing Pontiac powered race cars, not a forum on racing in general. Why don't we start asking the Mopar guys to come to this forum and get in a debate which is better, Hemi heads or wedge heads. As long is the is an open topic on racing I see now problem on asking for advice on how to set up engine for a Mustang 5.0 for 10.5 tire racing. Get my point!! This is a forum for members who race Pontiac powered race cars. This site has places where one can post topics that are not Pontiac specific. Better yet, if you have such a desire to talk about something that has nothing to do with Pontiac powered race cars, do a search on Google and find a forum on that topic. I did the work for you and posted the links for two electric car forums in my last post. I belong to quite a few forums, at least 5 Pontiac, a couple of Olds, a few Mopar and Chevy forums, even an AMC one. I have a love of muscle cars in general so if I want to find something out on a 68 AMX, I go to the AMC forum. I do not post my question in a forum for race Pontiacs. AZBIRDS, I been with you and have seen how you drive your car, If you are so worried about how much money you are spending on gas, I suggest you might want to lift your right foot a little.

Matt

Old 05-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A fella may want to use a DC motor to .....

Drive their TURBO!

Old 05-24-2008, 01:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

thanks for the tip now move it to the lobby.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking

Lust01. I've tried!! I just can't retrian that right foot. I've seen a number of post on this forum that are from people with chevy powered Pontiacs, and how a Pontiac can't compete with the chevy. Iv'e never seen them get blasted as much as Oink did. I'd rather go fast with a ....... (you fill in the blank) than any chevy powered car.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink Pontiac Dude / Lust01/ 1/2" stud

Lust gets it. Now.. Pontiac Dude, just think over 9000 postings and all you can do is stand on the "t" key. Impressive!!. I noticed you're located in Florida, must be retired with LOTS of free time on your hand. Ya know, there should be a big market for electric cars / golf carts. You should at least look into it.

1/2" stud- I like the idea of running the turbo with an electric motor, spin up time will be faster than waiting for the engine to do it = faster off the line, You may want to develope it. GOOD thinking outside the box.

Pontiac Gregg

Old 05-25-2008, 10:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by OINK 1
Lust gets it. Now.. Pontiac Dude, just think over 9000 postings and all you can do is stand on the "t" key. Impressive!!. I noticed you're located in Florida, must be retired with LOTS of free time on your hand. Ya know, there should be a big market for electric cars / golf carts. You should at least look into it.

1/2" stud- I like the idea of running the turbo with an electric motor, spin up time will be faster than waiting for the engine to do it = faster off the line, You may want to develope it. GOOD thinking outside the box.

Pontiac Gregg
Hey Gregg......maybe you should at least look into this..........

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=559927

and maybe think inside the box some.........

Old 05-25-2008, 12:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Unhappy

Quote:

Pontiac Gregg

If you want to work or build them i have no issue. But take to another board or another section.
I'll be nice to ya dude. It must be the air out there.

This IS the RACE section.

But then again the mods only pull or move stuff that gives them a Power rush.

They bit*ch about rules and ya can't to this and ya can't do that. It's all a Power struggle and politics. Same deal with postings about the CV-1 heads. Politics. You would be surprised.

Old 05-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Inch Stud
A fella may want to use a DC motor to .....

Drive their TURBO!
When I was in Jr. High School, I tryed to supercharge a old gas powered lawn mower with an used noisy squirrel cage blower from our fireplace. Used tubing and adapters from our shop vac to mate the two together. Started up the mower, pluged in the cord to the blower in the wall, hoping the old 3.5 horse Briggs and Stratton was going to sound like a top fueler. Boy was I dissapointed. Still a great story to tell though.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:30 PM

PY Online Forums > General PONTIAC TECH > Non Pontiac Motors in Pontiacs

Seems to me that this is the right forum, cant see the word race at the top of my page!
Like the idea of electric turbo.

Old 05-31-2008, 01:54 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Quote:
... I like the idea of running the turbo with an electric motor, spin up time will be faster than waiting for the engine to do it...
Doesn't sound to me like you've worked out any of the numbers to substantiate that statement.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:00 AM
Senior Chief

When did this become "the race forum"? The title of this forum doesn't even imply racing! Electric motors are sure Non Pontiac Motors, by the way, the 'motor' in your Pontiac is actually an engine. Unless of course you've already converted to electric. Get a life guys, all drive tech doesn't involve tunnel port 303's!

Old 05-31-2008, 10:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Pontiac Gregg
then it wouldnt be a turbo it would be an SC.

Old 06-01-2008, 01:09 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyW
When did this become "the race forum"?...
This thread was started in the 'Race' forum, then moved to here.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Senior Chief

Now that makes a lot more sense!