Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2021, 02:45 PM

Question 65 GTO Parking brake warning light wiring question

I have bought the harness from Ames along with the switch, and will fabricate the mounting bracket for the switch. For the wiring, I assume I remove the "generic' dash light bulb/socket that is in the "BRAKE" location on the guage panel and swap it with the replacement socket/bulb, but then what do I connect the replacement power connector to for proper power? It is a fairly short wire with a "slip-on" connector like you would connect to a spare spade on the fuse panel, but its so short I can't see it reaching anywhere near the fuse panel. Is there another wire connected to the guage panel somewhere near the BRAKE indicator that I pull from a spade and then connect this one "in-line"? I looked under the dash while setting up my console wiring harness but I couldn't see where this might connect for power. I can easily cut/splice it longer and run all the way down to the fuse panel but I assumed it was designed same as an original I saw on ebay that also has a short power wire.

Thanks for any help!