Old 04-14-2002, 09:43 PM

My window sticker on my 69 Judge say's that the standard tire was red line or WSW. I don't recall ever seeing either on a 69 Judge. I have always seen blackwall or RWL. I am thinking about going to the reproduction radial redine tire. Has anyone seen these tires, are they any good, who is the manufacturer? What is your opinion putting them on my Judge. Would it look ok, or should I turn the red lines in and run blackwalls. I'am tired of switching from my radials to poly-Glass, I would like to have the ride and handling of the radial and the looks of the old glass belted tires, RWL if possible. What's your opnion.

Old 04-14-2002, 09:43 PM

My window sticker on my 69 Judge say's that the standard tire was red line or WSW. I don't recall ever seeing either on a 69 Judge. I have always seen blackwall or RWL. I am thinking about going to the reproduction radial redine tire. Has anyone seen these tires, are they any good, who is the manufacturer? What is your opinion putting them on my Judge. Would it look ok, or should I turn the red lines in and run blackwalls. I'am tired of switching from my radials to poly-Glass, I would like to have the ride and handling of the radial and the looks of the old glass belted tires, RWL if possible. What's your opnion.

Old 04-14-2002, 10:45 PM
Senior Chief

i don't think you can have both! the radial is going to have the rounded radial look and the old by ply tires are going to have the flat edge look from what i know(not much). i put non radial red lines on my 67 gto it drives ok but somtimes it will find a grove in the road and it will take off. you have to pay a lot of attention. but i like the look so i put up with the things.
Don

Old 04-15-2002, 09:11 PM

I think the radial red lines look all wrong
when I see them on a car at a cruise night.
I have a 70 judge which was born with white
letter wide ovals, and that is what I will
be using when I get it on the road. If I had
a 69 judge I would run repro red line wide
ovals. It is true that the bias ply tires
don't ride as well as a radial, I have repro
goodyear red lines on my Road Runner. I agree
that they pull you all over the place on roads
that are grooved, but you cannot beat the look
of a bias ply tire on a nice restoration.

Old 04-30-2002, 11:41 PM

Hey,
I am restoring a 69 Judge also, I have found NO BODY who sells blackwalls in the bias tires. I purchased a set of redlines and painted them, turning the painted side in. Plus blackwall tires are correct, standard equipment on the Judge along with the dechromed wheels. But if you do decide to purchase a radial may I suggest a company called Diamond Back Classics. They make the best radial redline out of any tire of your choice, and the quality is GRRRRREAT.

Old 05-15-2002, 10:38 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

COKER TIRE HAS BOTH(EASY TO FIND JUST DO A SEARCH)
I STARTED WITH THE WIDE OVALS MY 69 LOOKED GREAT
BUT DIDN,T HANDLE,WHEN THEY WORE-OUT I GOT THE REDLINE RADIALS WHAT A BIG DIFFERANCE!
TELL ME WHEN THAT "JERK"IN THE MINI-VAN ON THE CELL PHONE CUTS OFF YOUR PRIZED GTO, DON,T YOU THINK YOU SHOULD HAVE "REAL"TIRES ON YOUR CAR?