Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

the reason I asked is that - from the info I have -- the cam in the aluminum block test engine had a cam similar to the one I mentioned - more ex than intake - and a LOT of lobe seperation --

Old 02-17-2010, 02:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Curt -

Your info is not correct.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks Travis. Thats a lot of fuel.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:02 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Q View Post
Curt -
It depends on a lot of things.

I do not necessarily think that a methanol turbo camshaft needs to be bigger on the intake side than the exhaust. I didn't always think this way, but I have seen some data that indicates to me that some turbocharged engines may well like camshafts that are a heck of a lot wilder than we're used to...... TQ

PS - operating range and backpressure to boost ratio is still king. If you can give me those two numbers, I can tell you within reason what the engine's going to want...
I looked at the duration numbers on Marty's deal and Marty had a 290 Intake/ 283 Exhaust (.050") with a 406 cid engine so Travis' comment holds a lot of water.

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.