THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 06-18-2017, 06:13 PM
Senior Chief

Default Patrick Haters

Happy Father's day.

What happened to all the Danica Patric haters ?

Old 06-18-2017, 06:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

did she win, or something?

Old 06-18-2017, 06:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

rookie took her out today.Tom

Old 06-18-2017, 06:27 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom s View Post
rookie took her out today.Tom
Makes sense. Win? What was I thinking?

Old 06-18-2017, 06:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

How could anyone hate Patrick?!?

Oh, you were talking about something else....

1979 Trans Am 400, 4-speed, 4 wheel disc.

View from the drivers seat racing down Atco Raceway- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYDMdOEC7A

Ride along in the other lane-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIzgpLtF_uw
Old 06-18-2017, 07:11 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatless View Post

Oh, you were talking about something else....
Honestly, that's the first thing I thought of.

'69 Firebird 400 - Goldenrod Yellow, 455 +.060, '6s-7' heads, Comp Cam 276AH-10 (51-309-4), TH400, Ford 9-inch w/3.08, 800cfm Q-jet, Stock Intake, Hooker Headers, Flowmasters
'68 Coronet 500 Convertible - Medium Gold Metallic, stock 318 +100,000 miles
Old 06-18-2017, 07:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

After the race ended I shut off the TV quickly before she got out of the infield care center - just can't stand to hear her complain.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 06-18-2017, 08:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ever since the new rule changes were announced before the start of the season, I vowed not to watch one single race. And, I haven't yet. I've been weening off of it since Gordon announced his retirement.

Old 06-18-2017, 08:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You are missing some of the best racing in years!Tom

Old 06-18-2017, 11:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I thought I was gong to hate the new format, I don't though. For myself, even though Tony Stewart isn't racing any longer, (he wasn't racing for the last 3 years of his career to be truthful) there is some real young talent in cup racing.

On a side note Tony has been running winged 410 sprint cars as of late and in the past few weeks finished 4th in an All star race in Indiana. Last night my wife and I went to Eldora for the second leg of Ohio Sprint Car Speed Week. Tony started 16th and finished 9th. Tonight he was going to compete in the third race of Speed Week, but the race was called due to rain. We ( My wife and I) are following Speed Week this year and going to hit every night that they run, tomorrow night is across the state northeastern Ohio in Orrville OH. Eight racetracks in 9 days.

As far as DP, I still think she's a waste of good equipment as she has constantly proven to be a mid 20th place racer, and finishes there, as well as points. The nice thing is the Waltrip brothers have slacked off salivating over her through most of the race, finally.

Richard and Kyle Petty had her pegged from the beginning. Richard said she could win a cup race as long as the other drivers stayed at the house. Kyle said she could drive a race car, but that didn't make her a race car driver. Four and a half years later she is still all about herself, and hawking her wares the on the media like a $2 hooker. For her, racing is a vehicle for her to keep selling her exercise and health food side wares on TV. She's thoroughly proven she doesn't deserve a ride in a premium cup car fielded by S/H racing.

Keep walking, nothing to see here.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 06-19-2017, 01:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

X 2, Brad. Much ado about nothing. You have to admit she IS better looking than Janet Guthrie(woof!)...

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 06-19-2017, 09:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yesterday is a prime example of what happens to mid pack racers.If you dont cause a issue you get caught up in someone else mistakes.Even the best when having to start in the back for some reason get caught up at times.She is not having much fun,does not need the money and I see her being out of the car this year.She has been good for the sport,brought in a lot of new young eyes(and some older).But like Brad,I did not like the new format when announced but it has made the drivers drive hard the whole race to get the Xtra points avail.You will see a 11-12th place car grind to get into the top 10 for playoff points.Next weeks road course should be great.A friend of mine who is really close to the Childres camp has told me the Cup cars are so on the edge and are evil to drive,you will see great wheel men like Johnson and Bush just loose it on their own.Tom

Old 06-19-2017, 10:28 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Cruz Ramirez is the future for female racers.

2015 Challenger R/T Plus, hemi, Sublime
Old 06-19-2017, 01:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatless View Post
It's easy. When all that great equipment is wasted on someone that doesn't have the talent to do anything with it.

Patrick is in 30th place as I type this. Of all the racers that have competed in all 15 races, there are only four drivers with fewer points. All four are in third tier cars. If given Danica's cars - they would all be ahead of her.

Patrick is most likely done in NASCAR after this season. She technically is under contract through 2018, but there is an easy out clause in the contract at the end of this season. Unless she can secure a big $$$ sponsor (not likely), the out clause will be used.

Aric Amirola, who has missed the last four races (broken back) is still ahead of her in the points and is driving a second tier car. There are currently silly season rumors suggesting he will get the #10 ride next year.

As to the new format - it's working very well this season. It's reducing the "phantom" cautions and the bonus points for the segment finishes make the racer fight to be in the top 10 in each segment.

If you haven't watched a race this year, I recommend giving it a chance.

Not sure how the segment deal will work in Sonoma this weekend, but I'll be interested to see how it works on a road course.

Old 06-19-2017, 01:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dont hate her!Hate the organization that has kept her!They could have bought her out at any time!Its dollars and cents,she brings in more money than the 41 car!Tom

Old 06-19-2017, 01:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The driver of the 41 car wins races and championships. I'm not a Kurt Busch fan, but I do respect his talent.

Danica has only won a single automobile race in her entire career - despite having been given some of the best equipment in the world. I expect more from a driver than just enough to get by.

Old 06-19-2017, 01:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

She's fantastic to look at, but a mediocre driver. If she was a he, the NASCAR career would have been over after about two years. But, NASCAR needs people like her for her looks, people like Kyle Busch for his outlandish personality.

There are many NASCAR fans who don't really care about racing. They like controversy, crashes, and fanfare. Many of us old-timers liked NASCAR when they raced stock cars instead of the look-alike race cars of today that bear no resemblance to what you can buy from a dealer. Ever see a two door Camry with a V8 & rear wheel drive? Ever see a two door Chev SS? Ever see a Ford Fusion with a V8, rear wheel drive?

Sorry for the rant, but that's my view.

'64 GTO Tripower Hardtop (Wife's Car)
'64 GTO Tripower Post Coupe (My Car)
'99 Bonneville SE Sedan
Old 06-19-2017, 04:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Geez, do you guys have to go through this all over again? It's stupid and it's boring.

Old 06-19-2017, 05:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just to show how the pressure of trying to perform is affecting Danica - at Pocono she went off on some fans that booed her for not signing an autograph. If you really want to see/hear it - you can waste a minute of your time by googling for a youtube video...

“If you’re a real fan, you know that I’m not just like … my job is not to sign autographs, right? My job is to drive a car and to tell the crew chief what’s going on. I don’t appreciate the booing. It hurts my feelings.

“I’m a (insert "F" word here) person, you know what I mean? I’m a person, too. I have feelings. When you boo me, it hurts my feelings."

Danica's belief that signing autographs is "not her job" - is wrong. Ask any of the NASCAR stars and they will surely tell you that signing autographs goes with the job. It called fan relations - the fans are the ones who indirectly pay her salary. Anyone who'd ever met Richard Petty knows that he has literally signed autographs for hours on end.

I'm sure that her "fans" were real impressed with her thoughts...

Old 06-19-2017, 05:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dick,you have to get beyond that!What does a modern funny car look like ANY car ever built?When tech gets so good and the cars go so fast everything has to change to keep them out of the stands and on the track.Pretty much all top tiered cars in any division dont have anything to do with what is driven on the street.Its all for our entertainment.JMHO,Tom