Old 08-06-2010, 10:43 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I've almost got the whole chassis put back together. I ended up with POR-15 for the control arms, not what I wanted but oh well. I also wanted gloss black, and was given semi-gloss black. It looks the same as the frame anyway so whatever I guess. Pics to follow once I am done.
Anyway, I am thinking of powerwashing the underside of the car and touching it up with truck bed liner on the underside. Would this be good or what other things should I do? I don't want to completely strip it down as the underbody still has most if not all of its factory coat.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well I've hit another roadblock. I have not been making very much progress on the undercoating because there is just too much stuff in the way and it is a lot more difficult when you are under the car rather than when the body is tilted on its side. I wanted to get a rotisserie but that seems to be out of the question unless I could borrow one. I tried lifting the body on an angle using an engine hoist but the bolt seems to want to pull through the rear floorpan. I heard some slight cracking and the floorpan started to warp so I put the body back down before I damaged it. I'm not sure what to do about this.
What methods did you guys use to do the undercoating without using a rotisserie? Thanks.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:43 PM

I lifted up the rear of my 70 442 with my engine lift. I put about a 4 foot length of a 2x4
under the trunk pan and ran bolts or I hook bolts through the 2x4 and bolted it. Then connected the lift to both bolts with chain and lifted it up... after done under the car I removed the 2x4 and finished that area.

Old 10-21-2010, 05:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilo View Post
I lifted up the rear of my 70 442 with my engine lift. I put about a 4 foot length of a 2x4
under the trunk pan and ran bolts or I hook bolts through the 2x4 and bolted it. Then connected the lift to both bolts with chain and lifted it up... after done under the car I removed the 2x4 and finished that area.
I might do the opposite and lift the front up, since the trunk is done.