Old 10-18-2014, 07:16 PM

Got ambitious today and finished cleaned / undercoated the rear axle and frame rails, installed a new pinion seal, and adjusted the clutch linkage. Tomorrow is new upper control arms. Sometime next week all new tie rods / drag link / idler arm go on and the new Pypes Violator exhaust gets ordered. Put a new battery in it too so it can crank up and drive around on it's own (love the sound of open headers).

After that... heater core and install two new front fenders and it's off to the body body shop and I"ll let them start their process. I think I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel....

Old 11-02-2014, 10:52 AM

Default Update:

Got my Pypes Violator exhaust on yesterday. 2.5 inch, no X-pipe. Love the sound. Need to do some final tweaking on the tailpipe alignment to be happy. Might install my new suspension parts today if I get motivated. New fenders should be picked up this week (old ones are just too rough. Not much more to do before sending to the paint shop so they can work their magic on it. Here's a video of the exhaust at idle:

Old 11-02-2014, 02:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey that shop/house looks familiar! Sounds nice. Glad to see you are pushing ahead on the project.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:32 PM

Trying to find time to get a few things done. Was hoping to get the suspension done today, but a broke shifter cable on my Denali while at the boat ramp cured that for me. There's always next weekend though. Hoping to have it to the paint shop in the next month or so.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:49 AM

Default Back From the Dead

Hey Guys... been a long time. I had a Father and Son end up begging me to sell them this car so I let it go. They ended up eventually finishing it up. Since then I've build a 1970 Chevelle and just picked up a 1970 GTO Judge Clone.

Old 03-17-2017, 02:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Boy, those are great looking A-Bodies.

Old 03-17-2017, 02:50 PM

Thanks Greg... it's been awhile. Chevelle I finished last year, but blew the motor about 2 weeks ago. Just finishing up installing another.

Old 03-17-2017, 03:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Awesome cars Angrybird. 1970 was a banner year for musclecars. My first car was a 70 Chevelle SS (silver, blk stripe, blk inter. 4 speed 427 in place of 396). Always loved them and the 70 GTO (70 RR and GTX too).
It's awesome to see a young guy like yourself into these cars.
BTW my wife is still itching for an F type convertible after taking a ride in yours (um thanks?). I'll never forget your generosity and hospitality when we met while I was in Austin a few years ago.
Good luck with your new acquisition!

Old 03-17-2017, 05:29 PM

You did excellent work on the Judge clone! Good motivation for me. Your two 70's look awesome!