WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 04-14-2004, 07:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Okay, so I had to go shopping for a new car (yeah right) today. Actually, the wife wanted me to look at a new Bonneville, but any excuse to look is fun.
My local dealership has 2 yellow GTO's. one auto, one manual. They also just received a black on black M6 car. I wanted to really check one of these things out, so I ventured into the shark infested waters and talked with a salesman, err... woman. She was super cool and a damn good driver to boot. She wanted to be the first to drive the black car, so she asks if my daughter and I would like to try it out. Of course I said no, ha ha, and off we went.
The first thing I noticed is the steering wheel- it's too light in the weight department. I would prefer a beefier feeling wheel, sans the aluminum trim.
I really like the way the car is appointed. The materials are very nice and really give off a feeling of a quality built car.
I dig the aluminum door sills w/ the arrowheads in them. Nice touch.
The back seats were incredible as far as room goes. I do have a couple of complaints though.
The seats are way too slow for me. I would prefer a manual setup. It's lighter and less expensive. I also wish they would have a 3 seat rear.
This last complaint kills me. The wife said the only thing stopping me from getting that car was the 2+2 seating. We HAVE to have a minimum of 5 seats. Bummer!! She said she could see the grin on my face all the way up the driveway, not to mention the squeals of delight my daughter was emitting, and would really go for a new GTO (despite all the "Doesn't look like a ?? GTO to me" crap she kept giving me when it first came out) and would love to see me get one.
I was really impressed with the bottom end torque (it seems to forget the Pontiac V8 went out of production, as it does a DAMN GOOD impression of one), and I absolutely LOVED the exhaust sound. The single exit still blows, but it can be fixed.
All in all, I guess I'll be giving up my Harley. She was serious as could be about me getting it, but I gotta buy a Bonneville first, so it looks like I'll be getting an '05!!
Old 04-14-2004, 07:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Okay, so I had to go shopping for a new car (yeah right) today. Actually, the wife wanted me to look at a new Bonneville, but any excuse to look is fun.
My local dealership has 2 yellow GTO's. one auto, one manual. They also just received a black on black M6 car. I wanted to really check one of these things out, so I ventured into the shark infested waters and talked with a salesman, err... woman. She was super cool and a damn good driver to boot. She wanted to be the first to drive the black car, so she asks if my daughter and I would like to try it out. Of course I said no, ha ha, and off we went.
The first thing I noticed is the steering wheel- it's too light in the weight department. I would prefer a beefier feeling wheel, sans the aluminum trim.
I really like the way the car is appointed. The materials are very nice and really give off a feeling of a quality built car.
I dig the aluminum door sills w/ the arrowheads in them. Nice touch.
The back seats were incredible as far as room goes. I do have a couple of complaints though.
The seats are way too slow for me. I would prefer a manual setup. It's lighter and less expensive. I also wish they would have a 3 seat rear.
This last complaint kills me. The wife said the only thing stopping me from getting that car was the 2+2 seating. We HAVE to have a minimum of 5 seats. Bummer!! She said she could see the grin on my face all the way up the driveway, not to mention the squeals of delight my daughter was emitting, and would really go for a new GTO (despite all the "Doesn't look like a ?? GTO to me" crap she kept giving me when it first came out) and would love to see me get one.
I was really impressed with the bottom end torque (it seems to forget the Pontiac V8 went out of production, as it does a DAMN GOOD impression of one), and I absolutely LOVED the exhaust sound. The single exit still blows, but it can be fixed.
All in all, I guess I'll be giving up my Harley. She was serious as could be about me getting it, but I gotta buy a Bonneville first, so it looks like I'll be getting an '05!!
Old 04-15-2004, 08:01 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The wife said the only thing stopping me from getting that car...

This is exactly why I'm never getting married...

grrr

If you really wanted to you could replace the monaro back seats with holden commodore/berlina/calais(leather) seats- which are essensially are sedan versions of the monaro/gto and have the 3 seat capacity you want. You would sure have a unique GTO.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Funny you should say that. I told her I was sure the Commodores had three passenger rear seats.
Got any pix of the rear of a CV8(??) interior?
Thanks
Old 04-15-2004, 06:00 PM

I can't find any stand alone interior pics, but you can download the full holden brocures in PDF format which will have pictures of the interiors.

Commodore

Calais

HSV
Old 04-15-2004, 07:53 PM

Sorry, I just took a look at those pdfs and they dont have backseat pics at all...

Has anyone ever taken a photo of the backseat of their commodore???

Adam
Old 04-16-2004, 06:51 AM

back seat pic -

Old 04-17-2004, 01:17 AM

Thanks, thats nice... is that an SS commodore?

A few years ago I spent 12 hours (6 hours each way) in the back of a VT commodore executive and had no complaints about it either.

try www.ls1.com.au and ask them, they would have a more definitive answer of what needs to be done.

Adam
Old 06-08-2004, 05:55 PM

Don't think the Commodore rear bench seat will fit into the Monaro/GTO
Old 10-08-2004, 07:13 PM

I to have the problem with the wife. I talked to her about trading in my 2004 ford escape to help pay off a GTO, but she said we just got that car and she likes the suv, but it is only a v6 and it gets worse gas milage than the 350. I think if I can get her to go to the dealership and sit in one with me i might be able to convince her that we should trade for a GTO
Old 10-09-2004, 08:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

In an uncharacterstic moment, my wife is the REASON I got a new GTO. I really wasn't that interested in getting one, since my Formula still had a lot of life left in it. Between the incentives and the interest rates, plus a decent amount for my trade, I ended up getting one. I miss some things about my Formula, but overall, I really like the new car. The styling is a bit bland, but that suits me fine. I got tired of getting followed and pulled over for no reason in the 'Bird. This GTO seems to be invisible.

"I open up three deuces, I'm Never Coming Back!"