Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 03-17-2018, 08:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks cool Charlie, between the heads and intake you probably can not walk thru a metal detector!! Good to see it all coming together.

Old 03-17-2018, 12:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Are you saying im like a chia pet with metal filings sticking out of me!

Old 03-17-2018, 05:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would have to assume that. Always wear eye protection!!!

Old 03-22-2018, 03:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Got the last 2 runners welded in. Now the floor to do...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180320_212125_resized.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	478680   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180320_212219_resized.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	478681  

Old 04-03-2018, 04:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I welded the floor in finally. Being this is going on a boost motor I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to peek the floor to all runner entries but I thought I would take the chance and see how it works so I did. Does anyone here know if this was a bad idea ? I would appreciate any input if someone knows the answer to this...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20180329_192025.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	479838   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180329_192003.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	479839   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180329_191830.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	479840  

Old 04-03-2018, 07:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Started blending it in...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20180403_130149_resized_1.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	479874   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180403_130243_resized_1.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	479875  

Old 04-03-2018, 09:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

After 5 pages I have to ask!This being a boosted engine is the juice going to be worth the squeeze?Tom

Old 04-03-2018, 10:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom s View Post
After 5 pages I have to ask!This being a boosted engine is the juice going to be worth the squeeze?Tom
For me it will be. I'll take it that you feel im wasting my time...

Maybe so. But I like one off things and im hoping it will at least do what im looking for it to do..

I am going to run it N/A at first just like i did with my 4 cylinder to see how it runs that way. So at least I'll be able to see what kind of juice I made..

Old 04-04-2018, 12:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Some people build there cars ,others buy there cars. If you can build it I think it educates you more when all is done. You can make it better and better each time.
Looks cool Charlie.

Old 04-04-2018, 02:17 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Some people pay "Tuition" money, Tom S, in a college environment to "learn something".

I Have known Charlie for several years and he learns by doing, so in his case YES, "the juice going to be worth the squeeze?" IF NOTHING ELSE BUT MAKING CHARLIE A BETTER FABRICATOR.

JMO

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tom and Charlie,the only question was because it's boosted.If N/A no question at all.Tom

Old 04-04-2018, 04:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPONT View Post
Some people build there cars ,others buy there cars. If you can build it I think it educates you more when all is done. You can make it better and better each time.
Looks cool Charlie.
Thanks Jeff...

Old 04-04-2018, 04:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
Some people pay "Tuition" money, Tom S, in a college environment to "learn something".

I Have known Charlie for several years and he learns by doing, so in his case YES, "the juice going to be worth the squeeze?" IF NOTHING ELSE BUT MAKING CHARLIE A BETTER FABRICATOR.

JMO

Tom V.
Thanks Tom.

I did learn a lot about the Torker manifold with all of this .

I even have a better way I would do it if I were to do it again . I wish I had this idea when I started this whole thing. I would of done It all different. But its too late at this point...

Old 04-04-2018, 05:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Tom and Charlie,the only question was because it's boosted.If N/A no question at all.Tom
The whole reason why I went this rout was I had the manifold for one. I wanted one that would allow me to use may stock hood. Its a 64 GTO hood and I drove 6 hours one way and 6 hours back to get it, an paid 1200 bucks for it. So its not even a question to cut it all up for a better manifold like a victor or something else. I also like modifying things extensively and im not afraid to really alter something . So I took it as a challenge and learning experience to go a head and do this the way I did. So the squeeze for all this is all the mentioned above and to add to it would be that a Torker has a lower front floor then the rear, and the runners are so narrow that my finger couldn't even fit into to them from the plenum side. So being I wanted to use this manifold for this car I just said to myself lets do this and see what happens. so I began cutting it up and making wider runners. If I knew then what I know now I would of lengthened the spreadbore flange from three and five eighths to 6 5/8 s from front to back making it a rectangle opening and move the center dividers forward and shortened the front runners to match the back and make a top for the new designed flange. But if I did that now it would be a whole redo so that's not going to happen ....

Old 04-19-2018, 03:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You learned a lot Charlie, I think for what it is it looks pretty good. I am a steel fabricator, I would like to mess around with aluminum. Just no call for it at my job really.
But I would have just gave you a Torker so you could weld the two front halves together if you wanted.
I have a few of them, consider them just about worthless in stock shape. All they are good for is killing low end and you get some pull form 6 to 7 grand.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:49 AM
Boost Engineer

When we did my Torker 1 intake with the 4 REAR runner pairs and the Custom Plenum/ "Stretched" top carb plate, we had two front sections left over.

My Fabricator Friend welded those together for a Guy required to run a Holley 500 cfm #4412 carb and he was kicking butt until they outlawed his Fabricated intake. 4 BBL intakes with an adaptor was ok, fabricated intakes became a No No. Small equal runners and the carb worked very well on his 350 cid Pontiac engine in that class.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 04-19-2018, 02:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I should compare MCSA of the runners. Edelbrock made the front plenum deep because of charge velocity of q-jet primay being significantly higher than the secondary side.
With a square bore type carb it would be equal. Runner shape would still dictate they all need to flow similar amounts.

LS cathedral ports vs typical rectangle ports comes to mind..

Deep plenum should be more voume and could be a plus especially tubo' and EFI.

Old 04-19-2018, 04:56 PM
Boost Engineer

Very Valid Points Bruce,

The LS cathedral ports for sure resemble the Front Ports on the T-1 Intake.
On a 350 cid engine, I can understand relationship between that design of port and the CID of the engine.

Tom V.

Old 04-19-2018, 08:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
You learned a lot Charlie, I think for what it is it looks pretty good. I am a steel fabricator, I would like to mess around with aluminum. Just no call for it at my job really.
But I would have just gave you a Torker so you could weld the two front halves together if you wanted.
I have a few of them, consider them just about worthless in stock shape. All they are good for is killing low end and you get some pull form 6 to 7 grand.
Lol Thanks .. Yeah thats why i cut this one up. Figured it wasnt worth anything and being i had it i thought id see what i could do with it. In retrospect id defenetly do it different. But im very curious to see how it works. Ill be trying it N/A first . So it will be interesting for me...

I might have made the runners a tad too larg but i guess after running it ill figure it out...

Old 04-21-2018, 04:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Interesting Torker 1 article

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...0&postcount=10