Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 12-07-2018, 12:12 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
The torqamp supercharger will make about 230 hp.

A standard belt driven vortech supercharger will make 650 hp.

Question is how much do they want for their electric supercharger.

Tom V.
How did you come up with the TorqAmp making 230 hp? LOL!
Electric Supercargers are simple to instal....very little plumbing involved and no load on crankshaft. Just s couple of lightweight lithium batteries.

GTO George

Old 12-07-2018, 11:22 AM
Boost Engineer

Simple George. I watched the Video from TorqAmp.
Right on the video the number on the screen showed that the unit at full capacity moved 23 pounds of air mass.

1 pound of air mass with make 10 horsepower. 10 times 23 = 230 Hp, George.

You know how to drive George, but when the info is right in front of you one the screen, it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure out the HP Number.

You just need to know something about Boost vs just reading a gage on a Drag Car that says 12 psi on it.

Tom Vaught Boost Engineer for 39 years is how I knew the number.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:36 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Simple George. I watched the Video from TorqAmp.
Right on the video the number on the screen showed that the unit at full capacity moved 23 pounds of air mass.

1 pound of air mass with make 10 horsepower. 10 times 23 = 230 Hp, George.

You know how to drive George, but when the info is right in front of you one the screen, it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure out the HP Number.

You just need to know something about Boost vs just reading a gage on a Drag Car that says 12 psi on it.

Tom Vaught Boost Engineer for 39 years is how I knew the number.
I knew the numbers I just didn’t think you would take time from PMing PY members to look at a you tube video........silly boy!
There’s a reason I get all my hp in bracket form out of only 11 lbs of boost! LOL!

GTO George

Old 12-07-2018, 11:52 AM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
I just didn’t think
GTO George
This part is the truth. The rest is BS as usual.

You would not have asked where the number came from if you really knew anything about Boost, except for watching Videos.

I have had a 100 vendors with "a concept for a boosting device" come to talk to me and the other Boost Guys in my group.

You are a genius George on boosting, vs the Boss who wanted to use the Fan Motor in the heater hardware to BOOST the engine.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:59 AM
Suspended

Quote:

You would not have asked where the number came from if you really knew anything about Boost, except for watching Videos.

I have had a 100 vendors with "a concept for a boosting device" come to talk to me and the other Boost Guys in my group.

You are a genius George on boosting, vs the Boss who wanted to use the Fan Motor in the heater hardware to BOOST the engine.

Tom V.
......and you are like the guy who wanted to but never could!

GTO George

Old 12-07-2018, 12:02 PM
Suspended

Quote:

Tom V.
......and you are like the guy who wanted to but never could!
How are the cheap seats?

GTO George

Old 12-07-2018, 02:58 PM
Boost Engineer

Screwed up and could not do the post properly the first time, huh George.
No need for Cheap Seats, George, I can AFFORD to sit in ANY seat I chose.

I could afford to have Bickle build me any car I want TOMORROW, or any engine I want from Brad Anderson. I personally do not like Drag Racing. Bonneville is more for my taste. 440 mph runs on the salt for several miles tell me a lot more about an engine and the people that put it together vs a 1/4 mile pass from a vehicle/engine like yours.

So if you call people that like that type of racing being in the Cheap Seats, so be it.
Merry Christmas George.

Tom Vaught

ps You need any help figuring out where a horsepower number comes from, just post up, and I will explain it to you.

Old 12-07-2018, 03:50 PM
Suspended

.......and if you need any help building a boosted drag race car give me a call, on second thought DON'T I have better things to do! LMAO!

GTO George

Old 12-07-2018, 04:49 PM
Boost Engineer

You won't be receiving any calls because:
1) I don't have your number, LOL.
2) I could care less about Bracket Racing.
3) You would have no experience with the Aftermarket Parts I would want to use
and you would not use those parts in a 8 second Bracket Race application,
which you seem to have 8-10 years experience in and no desire to go faster with your limited racing funds.
Lil Jack and the ECM Guys have offered help for years.

Tom V.

Old 12-07-2018, 05:15 PM
Suspended

Quote:
You won't be receiving any calls because:
1) I don't have your number, LOL.
2) I could care less about Bracket Racing.
3) You would have no experience with the Aftermarket Parts I would want to use
and you would not use those parts in a 8 second Bracket Race application,
which you seem to have 8-10 years experience in and no desire to go faster with your limited racing funds.
Lil Jack and the ECM Guys have offered help for years.

Tom V.
ECM are great guys maybe they would help you! LOL!
I hear they do charity cases! After all you’ve done so well building that car on your own.

GTO George

Last edited by GTOGEORGE; 12-07-2018 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Dg
Old 12-07-2018, 05:39 PM
Boost Engineer

They might like making a trip to Wendover, Ut and see some High MPH.
There are always racers there who can use a helping hand. No BS, No
Cry Baby excuses for not going fast.

I will have to ask them, Thanks George.

Tom V.

I have to do Big People's stuff now so I can't play with you anymore today.
You don't qualify mentally or physically

Old 12-07-2018, 06:00 PM
Suspended

Quote:
I will have to ask them, Thanks George.

Tom V.

I have to do Big People's stuff now so I can't play with you anymore today.
You don't qualify mentally or physically
Any Time old man!

You don't mean BIG stuff you mean OLD stuff........like sitting in a recliner and watching other racers race on TV. LOL!

GTO George

Old 12-07-2018, 08:12 PM
Suspended

OK let’s get back on topic!

GTO George

Old 12-07-2018, 11:32 PM
Suspended

Doing some research and came to the conclusion that one supercharger will probably not push enough air for a 500 inch engine......but maybe two would work.

GTO George

Old 12-08-2018, 08:10 AM
Boost Engineer

Really, Think someone told you that earlier.

Say your 520+ engine makes 700 hp with its compression ratio and methanol fuel naturally aspirated. You say you are making about 1200 hp with the two methanol dominators, and your roots blower. Fuel is passing thru the supercharger cooling everything.

I assume that you know you can't run fuel thru a Centrifugal Supercharger compressor housing without a carbon face seal on the compressor shaft. Maybe you don't.

So also assuming that the Two Electric Superchargers (making 230 hp each) or 460 extra hp vs the HP you are making now, 700 hp plus 460 hp = 1160 hp you are making 40 hp more vs your roots deal. With your 1200 assumed HP number the roots blower is using 100 hp to compress the air to 12 psi and move it thru the engine. 1100 hp driving the converter.

Like I said, simple math. But

You would now have to figure out how to cool the electric superchargers because you can't run fuel thru them easily. When they compress air they make a lot of heat.
Turbos have a oil system to remove that heat from the bearings inside them.
Procharger superchargers have a oil system inside of them. Vortech Superchargers use engine oil to cool them. So how are you going to cool the compressor housing and the bearings.

Maybe you could cool the compressor cover and the air with a special compressor cover.
Using A/C fluid or Water. Like this one https://patents.justia.com/patent/6779515

Then you could ask the guy who came up with the patent how to make it work.
The guys who own the patent are Inventors: A. Thomas Vaught (Harper Woods, MI), Steve John OHara (Zionsville, IN).

I will not expect a check from you George because you would never send me any money.

Plus you would have to have a very special machine shop create the two cooled covers for the Electric Superchargers. You could make one copy of the cover but not two covers.
Against the law to do that. But that will never happen.

So you know something about running methanol fuel thru a roots supercharger, stick with that or put one of the toy electric superchargers on your wife's vehicle. Electric Superchargers for the most part are for part throttle acceleration improvements.
Once the Electric Supercharger boys have your money, you are on your own.

Tom V.

Old 12-08-2018, 10:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

@ Tom, hey the Heater box is a great place to hide, install the (my) electric boost.

Old 12-08-2018, 11:59 AM
Suspended

Tom,
1. I NEVER said anywhere in this thread I wanted to use them.
2. I’m certainly making more HP then 1,200, do the math engineer boy! LOL!
3 I think that someone with smaller cubed Engines wanting to run in the 11-9 secound area could give it some thought.....WAY easier then a normal turbo with their nightmare of pipes an turbo lag!!
4. I just thought the electric supercharger would be a nice topic in the Boost section!
5. The think some people are waiting for your reply in the race section!! LMAO!

GTO George

Old 12-08-2018, 03:21 PM
Boost Engineer

The most simple way I can explain this to you George is:

If a Pontiac Guy wants to make horsepower and does not want to go thru the aggrivation of the Turbo plumbing, just TALK TO LUHN PERFORMANCE AND HAVE THEM BUILD YOU A 750 HP VORTECH OR ATI PROCHARGER SUPERCHARGER SYSTEM.

They have done lots of bracket designs on both set-ups.
Basically a bolt on deal.

So forget the electric supercharger BS that gives you 230 hp from the supercharger and get a supercharger that gives you a 750 hp Pontiac engine.

Tom V.

Yes I an a RETIRED Engineer, George, with 39 years of boost experience.
And this is the Boost Forum. Not the Drag Race Forum.
You know a bunch about one vehicle, one engine, and one supercharger.

And the RACE Boys are waiting for DragNcar to reply, not me. They don't like my posts or pms.

Old 12-08-2018, 03:50 PM
Suspended

Quote:
The most simple way I can explain this to you George is:

If a Pontiac Guy wants to make horsepower and does not want to go thru the aggrivation of the Turbo plumbing, just TALK TO LUHN PERFORMANCE AND HAVE THEM BUILD YOU A 750 HP VORTECH OR ATI PROCHARGER SUPERCHARGER SYSTEM.

They have done lots of bracket designs on both set-ups.
Basically a bolt on deal.

So forget the electric supercharger BS that gives you 230 hp from the supercharger and get a supercharger that gives you a 750 hp Pontiac engine.

Tom V.

Yes I an a RETIRED Engineer, George, with 39 years of boost experience.
And this is the Boost Forum. Not the Drag Race Forum.
You know a bunch about one vehicle, one engine, and one supercharger.

And the RACE Boys are waiting for DragNcar to reply, not me. They don't like my posts or pms.
1. I've had a few RACE vehicle, engines and 4 different supercharger....5 counting the procharger I had but never installed.
2. Theres nothing wrong with talking about a electric supercharger in the Boost section, lots of people probably didn't know that they were out there and capable of decent HP!
3.Nope there are more then one person needs your comments in the race section or are you to busy Pming member with NON-truths again.....just saying! Check post #41 SWweetheart and there are others, you can't hide in the Boost section forever.

GTO George

Old 12-08-2018, 05:14 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
1. I've had a few RACE vehicle, engines and 4 different supercharger....5 counting the procharger I had but never installed.
2. Theres nothing wrong with talking about a electric supercharger in the Boost section, lots of people probably didn't know that they were out there and capable of decent HP!
3.Nope there are more then one person needs your comments in the race section or are you to busy Pming member with NON-truths again.....just saying! Check post #41 SWweetheart and there are others, you can't hide in the Boost section forever.

GTO George
I have nothing to answer for in the Race Section.
I sent a PM to a member. PM = Private Message George, for the slow learners like you).
PRIVATE MESSAGE, PRIVATE MESSAGE, PRIVATE MESSAGE.

Now, this individual decided to run his mouth and post about a rumor I had heard.
Basically, like I said, Pavlof's Bitch barking when my "Bell" was read in the PM apparently.

So if you call it hiding in the boost section instead of posting up again in the race section on B-chit topics, you are a bigger fool than I thought you were. Thinking I would have to justify who and what I send, by PM, to another PY member. You really are a child at times George. Not a lick of Common Sense. Why would I want to throw gas on a fire that a CV-what race guy intentionally started to stir the chit? You really do not have a clue.

Tom V.

You are just Butt Hurt when your "knowledge" of Electric Superchargers "tanked" in the forum.