Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 12-08-2018, 05:25 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
I have nothing to answer for in the Race Section.
I sent a PM to a member. PM = Private Message George, for the slow learners like you).
PRIVATE MESSAGE, PRIVATE MESSAGE, PRIVATE MESSAGE.

Now, this individual decided to run his mouth and post about a rumor I had heard.
Basically, like I said, Pavlof's Bitch barking when my "Bell" was read in the PM apparently.

So if you call it hiding in the boost section instead of posting up again in the race section on B-chit topics, you are a bigger fool than I thought you were. Thinking I would have to justify who and what I send, by PM, to another PY member. You really are a child at times George. Not a lick of Common Sense. Why would I want to throw gas on a fire that a CV-what race guy intentionally started to stir the chit? You really do not have a clue.

Tom V.

You are just Butt Hurt when your "knowledge" of Electric Superchargers "tanked" in the forum.
TANKED.....are you serious, you turn everything into a contest! LOL!
Yea like I said........HIDING!

GTO George!

Last edited by GTOGEORGE; 12-08-2018 at 05:33 PM.
Old 12-08-2018, 05:35 PM
Boost Engineer

Dam* I get tired of reading your same old BS post after post after post.

I actually thought you were improving and were posting up Boost info vs starting a urination contest with me over and over and over.

POST UP SOME BOOST INFORMATION GEORGE.
WHEN YOU POST UP SOME BOOST INFO, BE WILLING TO HEAR OTHERS INPUT INTO THE SAME SUBJECT .
GET OFF OF THE CONSTANT PERSONAL ATTACKS IN A FORUM THAT WANTS BOOST INFORMATION.

YOU WERE DOING GOOD THEN YOU DECIDED TO ATTACK ME ON A BS THREAD IN THE RACE SECTION.

Figure it out George. You really are not stupid.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 12-08-2018, 05:39 PM
Suspended

Tom,
You would make a great politician, always twisting the facts.......I sure wouldn’t vote for you! LOL!

Back to topic!

GTO George

Old 12-08-2018, 08:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
Supercharging is all about boost....Hence the boost section! You don’t run the boost section or for that matters any section.....I’ll post what I want or unless you want to pm a bunch of members.....just saying!

GTO George

LOL!!!!

Old 12-08-2018, 10:29 PM
Boost Engineer

Always a day late and a dollar short, aren't you cdrookie.

We are back on topic based on Post #43. Try to keep up as best as you can.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:57 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Always a day late and a dollar short, aren't you cdrookie.

We are back on topic based on Post #43. Try to keep up as best as you can.

Tom V.

Not really Vaught. I try to stay out of anything you post since it's just you stroking your immense ego. When I saw you replied to a post George made I had to read. What George posted was hilarious. I don't always agree with him, but he's someone with race section credential, and boost section credential, so I respect him and would take his advise graciously. You on the other hand are a childish egomaniac who tries to be a player in a game you can't compete in.

Old 12-09-2018, 10:06 AM
Boost Engineer

You are too low on the Totem Pole for any long post.

George has agreed to staying focused on Boost topics, why don't you try to do the same!

Tom V.

Last edited by Tom Vaught; 12-09-2018 at 10:23 AM.
Old 12-09-2018, 11:56 AM
Suspended

Quote:
You are too low on the Totem Pole for any long post.

George has agreed to staying focused on Boost topics, why don't you try to do the same!

Tom V.
Tom,
You are posting more untruths.....I have never agreed anything with you. I’ll post where and when I want......I race with a boosted car you do the math, shouldn’t be that hard.

GTO George

Old 12-09-2018, 04:21 PM
Boost Engineer

We never agreed on anything because I would have to look down on you vs looking you in the eyes. LOL! You have spoken so many untruths about Marty, Me, and others that I stopped counting a long time ago.

I will let the Boost Forum people decide what posts they want to read for boost info.

Tom V.

Old 12-09-2018, 04:32 PM
Suspended

Quote:
We never agreed on anything because I would have to look down on you vs looking you in the eyes. LOL! You have spoken so many untruths about Marty, Me, and others that I stopped counting a long time ago.

I will let the Boost Forum people decide what posts they want to read for boost info.

Tom V.
Name one.....never have! Unlike YOU I don’t spread rumors or tell lies or go behind everyone’s back and pm others to talk sh_t about someone or something. Your just not a very nice person!

GTO George

Old 12-09-2018, 04:45 PM
Boost Engineer

Can't play anymore today, Georgie, got big people work to do.

Tom V.

Old 12-09-2018, 04:53 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Can't play anymore today, Georgie, got big people work to do.

Tom V.
Yea ur a b

You talk too much! You turn everything into a contest for some reason and you have to be the big dog....sounds lonely to me.

GTO George

Last edited by GTOGEORGE; 12-09-2018 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:32 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
Yea ur a b

You talk too much! You turn everything into a contest for some reason and you have to be the big dog....sounds lonely to me. GTO George
Back from doing big people's work so I can help you with your Boost projects or other people with their projects now.

But as far as it being a contest, I agree with you. It has been that way with me forever.
Who gets the best grade in college. Who wins the most fights on a given night at the Karate School at my college. Who could break the thickest boards. Playing ping pong against the Chinese in college. And later who could open their parachute at the lowest altitude and still land on the target.

These little computer sparring contests are basically brain deals.
But helping people with their carbs solving problems for them, helping people on their boost projects, and helping people with their 64 GTOs is high on the list too. But making lots and lots, and lots of money is my favorite thing.

Tom V.

Old 12-09-2018, 09:46 PM
Suspended

I rest my case! LMAO!
I got one you forgot.....who’s got the biggest head, you probably won that one hands down!

GTO George

Old 12-09-2018, 11:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

George, George, George, Mr. Vaught is a Boost Engineer by trade, in the Profesional manner of having a long history of development knowledge in what works and what doesn't, then pursuing the betterment of what works.

Seems you have some experience in applying Boost.

If i were me, i'd propose an idea to Vaught and listen.
Being me, i see Vaught as a solid reference on how to proceed.
Never met the fella, and well ya just don't know the consequences of all the sacrifices made...in the pursuit of expertise.

BTW, i'm so sick of Spelk-check & auto-correct that i cannot seem to control ( turning off). There must be a conspiracy in simple typing.

Old 12-09-2018, 11:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Spell. i typed spell dam bag it

Old 12-09-2018, 11:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

dam nang it

(waited 20 seconds...)

Old 12-10-2018, 01:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Simple George. I watched the Video from TorqAmp.
Right on the video the number on the screen showed that the unit at full capacity moved 23 pounds of air mass.

1 pound of air mass with make 10 horsepower. 10 times 23 = 230 Hp, George.

You know how to drive George, but when the info is right in front of you one the screen, it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure out the HP Number.

You just need to know something about Boost vs just reading a gage on a Drag Car that says 12 psi on it.

Tom Vaught Boost Engineer for 39 years is how I knew the number.
Tom,
I know you have seen way more dyno sheets than I have, and what I have seen is only N/A. I am used to seeing BSAC of 5.5 or higher. Is a blower motor different?

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 12-10-2018, 02:31 AM
Suspended

Ok.........I give, toms better. Now let’s get back on topic!

GTO George

Old 12-10-2018, 12:17 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
Tom,
I know you have seen way more dyno sheets than I have, and what I have seen is only N/A. I am used to seeing BSAC of 5.5 or higher. Is a blower motor different?

Stan
Yes, just like every dyno is different.

A Superflow Dyno Cell using ambient air is not going to be the same as a Ford Research Cell that has a controlled cell environment around the engine.

The Superflow Dyno typically uses a Turbine Device to read airflow entering the engine.
A Research Cell might use equipment that reads the actual "Make Up Air" going into the cell room vs the exhaust flow out of the cell.

Hard to use a Turbine Meter set-up on a Twin Turbo Boosted Engine Dyno Test.

I agree that 5.5 is a REALLY GOOD air consumption number.
Heywood mentioned that is some of his lectures.
Once you get past 6.0 you start wondering if you have the right parts in the engine when running NA.
We tested the boosted engine in both the NA and boosted modes.
The mass flow number just went up due to the density change when the boosted device was added.
The cfm thru the engine stayed, for the most part, the same. Basic Physics.

Air Mass is more difficult to measure with a high HP engine.
A street engine with a 80 mm mass air meter can take care of most NA street engines.

No real "very high HP" (generally available) mass air meters are out there in common OEM use.
There was one company who did larger Mass Air Meters in the Detroit Area in the 90s but I believe he passed away years ago.

We do air flow calibrations on Mass Air Meters using a very large Flow Stand in our air flow lab. Again though it just gives the calibrator a curve to compare with his test data as a generic check if the data is valid. He does not care about the decimal point errors.
He wants to know if "he is in Cleveland" vs Detroit. Not what city street he is on.

So Brake Specific Air Consumption either NA or Boosted is a compass that says we are "Facing North" but not nearly the same as a Coordinates: 42°29′16″N 82°53′48″W like you would see from a GPS type position sensor.

So to answer your question,

Boost guys, because they are talking for the most part to people with minimal Air Flow'/Engine knowledge, just say One pound of Air Mass makes 10 HP and call it good.
Air Mass is Air Mass (does not care if NA or Boosted. One POUND of AIR Molecules = one Pound of Air Molecules. The actual HP per pound of air could be 9.7 or 10.3 pounds.
It depends on the SPECIFIC engine

Tom V.