Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 03-01-2019, 03:43 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
The roots blower is a dinosaur. The factory stocker cars at over 3500# and small block engines have run in the 7 second with modern blowers, basically flat hoods and small tires.

https://www.nhra.com/news/2019/early...AllUsIbfnJmK9c

Stan
WOW........really! LOL!
My buddy Chris Holbrook races a Mustang!

GTO George

Last edited by GTOGEORGE; 03-01-2019 at 03:59 PM.
Old 03-01-2019, 04:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to performerrpm

i know the roots blowets are alil outdated....but they sure look cool as hell. and if i could make the 800hp that george said id be limited to, thats plenty for this car, its my hischool sweetheart ive had for 24 years now

Old 03-01-2019, 05:37 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
........and I’m still waiting on you to build/drive your race car, you know.......the will outrun mine, you said you were going to do it. LOL!
You talk but you really never say anything!

GTO George
I am surprised George, normally every post I make you post on.
You missed I guess the one where I was going to take my Alston Chassis car and cut all of the drag race chit out of it and make it into a Pro Touring car.

Come on George, I would not waste a dollar of my retirement fund doing anything in the Drag Racing world. I stopped doing Drag Racing back in the 60s.

You talk about "going rounds". The stuff I designed/worked on can go "rounds" too.
8 mile "rounds" (laps), accelerating to 240 mph three times each lap (round) for 24 hours.

Your chit don't impress me Big BOY, lol.

By the way those 6 cylinder engines (3.5 liters) had Turbochargers on them not an antique roots supercharger.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 03-01-2019, 10:16 PM
Boost Engineer

By the way those 6 cylinder engines (3.5 liters) had Turbochargers on them not an antique roots supercharger. Put your specs on so you can see who is in the picture dumbaze.

Tom V.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tom Vaught and the 2016 Le Mans Winner..jpg
Views:	71
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	506926  

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:49 AM
Boost Engineer

By the way Georgie, the RACE CAR in the Picture is the car that won the Le Mans Race and that picture was taken right after it returned to America. The shop was inspecting the brakes and the Turbo Components (which was why I was there).
Today that car is worth a lot of money. The picture was not taken at Roush or Watson Engineering.

Tom V.

Old 03-03-2019, 11:57 AM
Boost Engineer

I was looking at some old files today Georgie.
In the past you have bragged about buying 4 Superchargers over the years I believe.

I have attached a Word Document for a "little" purchase I made in 2006 from the Lysholm Technologies (Supercharger) company. They make Screw Superchargers that can run 18,000 supercharger RPM vs the typical Roots supercharger max speed of 13000/14000 rpm. They are also a lot more efficient with moving the air thru the supercharger vs your "Hot Rod" units. Whipple Superchargers being the exception.

About 10 years ago, I bought 50 superchargers (AT ONE TIME) with 40 of them fully machined for the supercharger job I was working on. The total for the Purchase Order was $251,000 (plus some change).

So this is an apples to apples comparison: YOU bought 4 superchargers over several years time.
I bought 50 superchargers AT ONE TIME. Basically $5,000 per supercharger.

So you do not know much really about buying superchargers even though you might impress the New Guys on the board.

I will not get into the Vortech Superchargers I have bought over the years. It was over 30 units though, probably closer to 40 units.

Then we have the Turbochargers I have bought over the years.
Since I bought from Garrett Turbochargers, Turbonetics Turbochargers, Borg Warner Turbochargers, KKK Turbochargers, IHI Turbochargers, and Precision Turbochargers, I will not even guess a number on those purchases.

So Georgie, you don't know chit about going Rounds, you don't know chit about Superchargers, and you don't know chit about Turbochargers. I did the job FOR A LIVING for 39 years.

Tom V.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Lysholm Technologies PO_111805.doc (99.5 KB, 28 views)

Old 03-04-2019, 02:36 PM
Suspended

Gee Tom you know how to kill a thread with BS.....LOL!

GTO George

Old 03-04-2019, 05:37 PM
Boost Engineer

I was told, a long time ago, that the best way to shut up a lying azehole was to beat him to death with FACTS. One Fact is worth 10,000 Opinions as an old boss used to say.

So speaking of FACTS, I spent more money in one transaction (related to boosting) than you and your buddies have in their lifetime of playing with Pontiacs. Think about that georgie, I spent ONE QUARTER OF A MILLION DOLLARS IN ONE PURCHASE RELATED TO BOOSTING. Not even Little Jack can come close to that deal. That does not mean it was my money, it was the Ford Motor Company's money but I was allowed to spend it (and I spent a lot more money than that over the 39 years I did the job.

I received the highest award in Ford Research: "The Ford Research Operational Excellence Award" in 2016. It was for Designing, Purchasing, and Installation of a Turbocharger Test Facility in Dearborn Michigan. A installation that cost Millions of Dollars. So Ford could evaluate the Turbochargers that the different suppliers were offering in a logical, proven manner, vs just "shooting from the hip" or 'running your mouth" about boosting which you know very little about.

Tom V.

By the way Georgie, Performerrpm, really does not care if I show your stupidity and lack of knowledge to the Boost Forum.
Most know it is really not necessary, you have proven that very well in other forums.
My kick in the balls must have really hurt. It took you over a day and a half to weakly respond.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2016 OE_Vaught.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	507120  

Old 03-04-2019, 05:50 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
I was told, a long time ago, that the best way to shut up a lying azehole was to beat him to death with FACTS. One Fact is worth 10,000 Opinions as an old boss used to say.

So speaking of FACTS, I spent more money in one transaction (related to boosting) than you and your buddies have in their lifetime of playing with Pontiacs. Think about that georgie, I spent ONE QUARTER OF A MILLION DOLLARS IN ONE PURCHASE RELATED TO BOOSTING. Not even Little Jack can come close to that deal. That does not mean it was my money, it was the Ford Motor Company's money but I was allowed to spend it (and I spent a lot more money than that over the 39 years I did the job.

I received the highest award in Ford Research: "The Ford Research Operational Excellence Award" in 2016. It was for Designing, Purchasing, and Installation of a Turbocharger Test Facility in Dearborn Michigan. A installation that cost Millions of Dollars. So Ford could evaluate the Turbochargers that the different suppliers were offering in a logical, proven manner, vs just "shooting from the hip" or 'running your mouth" about boosting which you know very little about.

Tom V.

By the way Georgie, Performerrpm, really does not care if I show your stupidity and lack of knowledge to the Boost Forum.
Most know it is really not necessary, you have proven that very well in other forums.
Gosh you are an IDIOT he's asking question about a 8-71 not a turbo! I've dragraced 4 roots blowers.... ALL different combos some with steel rods (4 types of steel rods) and even aluminum rods, 4 kinds of different heads, different camshafts in my cars, ET's from 11 seconds to 8.0 seconds in my 30 plus years of dragracing a roots blower car! Go home....your getting old! Your making an A$$ out of yourself.....again!
FYI I was at Frankenmuth with my wife for the weekend, we just don't stay home. LOL!

GTO George

Last edited by GTOGEORGE; 03-04-2019 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:00 PM
Boost Engineer

Hope you and your wife had a good time in Frankenmuth, a very nice little German Historical Town.

Like I said, 4 superchargers, Boy, you sure have that "Boost Experience".

Like Stan Said, "The roots blower is a dinosaur. The factory stocker cars at over 3500# and small block engines have run in the 7 second with modern blowers, basically flat hoods and small tires.

Stan"

Kind of like saying I played Little League Baseball when talking to a PRO who has been in the professional game for many years.

PROFESSIONAL That means they do the job for a living, Georgie. Not a Hobby, not a pastime, FOR A LIVING where they pay your yearly salary.

You are a Hobbist Boost Guy/ wannabee 7 second racer.

I was a Professional Boost Guy for 39 years. Big difference Georgie.
You can be a Boost Guy and work for a smaller company or you can be a Boost Guy and work for one of the largest Automotive Companies in the World.

Or you can be a Wannabe Old Fart, you races a 74 vehicle, who actually thinks he knows something about boost when you really don't know chit.
You know how to write the check for the part vs DESIGN the Boost System from scratch.

I have read the posts on the race forum the last few months.
They were laughing their asses of at your BS posts.

A Bit of Advice, fix the chassis so that the car has a chance to squeek into the 7s.
Many have told you what is wrong with your stuff based on the videos they have watched.
LISTEN, "Mr. Know it All" and "maybe" you might get there in another 10 years.

Tom V.

Last edited by Tom Vaught; 03-04-2019 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:10 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Hope you and your wife had a good time in Frankenmuth, a very nice little German Historical Town.

Like I said, 4 superchargers, Boy, you sure have that "Boost Experience".

Like Stan Said, "The roots blower is a dinosaur. The factory stocker cars at over 3500# and small block engines have run in the 7 second with modern blowers, basically flat hoods and small tires.

Stan"

Kind of like saying I played Little League Baseball when talking to a PRO who has been in the professional game for many years.

PROFESSIONAL That means they do the job for a living, Georgie. Not a Hobby, not a pastime, FOR A LIVING where they pay your yearly salary.

You are a Hobbist Boost Guy/ wannabee 7 second racer.

You can be a Boost Guy and work for a smaller company or you can be a Boost Guy and work for one of the largest Automotive Companies in the World.

Or you can be a Wannabe Old Fart, you races a 74 vehicle, who actually thinks he knows something about boost when you really don't know chit.
You know how to write the check for the part vs DESIGN the Boost System from scratch.

I have read the posts on the race forum the last few months.
They were laughing their asses of at your BS posts.

A Bit of Advice, fix the chassis so that the car has a chance to squeek into the 7s.
Many have told you what is wrong with your stuff based on the videos they have watched.
LISTEN, "Mr. Know it All" and "maybe" you might get there in another 10 years.

Tom V.
The problem with your logic is ............No.1. The thread would be about 8-71 Roots Blower...not turbos. No.2. Performerrpm was asking for help not you and I DO have more roots blower experience then him so I am MORE then qualified to answer any questions he my have about it........and 3. I made a date last September to bring my car in to have the Chassis done. I wanted to wait to see what the 2 way adjustable rear shocks (i bought in July) would do first. I don't like making 2 changes together, its going in in April!

GTO George

Old 03-04-2019, 08:32 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by performerrpm View Post
just curious, my shortblock still isnt assembled but the parts were for a n/a build originally. but now i have the dyers 871 i wanna use so.

with my 310 72 cceheads and ross flat tops my 455 is 11.6ish cr which is less than ideal but i wonder, with pulleys to make 6 psi could i get away with it.

with e85 and a bug catcher converted to fast xfi and a good blower cam" solid roller" could it be done or should i figure on ordering a set of dish pistons to get back around the 9.1 mark?
YOU NEED TO READ THE WHOLE QUESTION, FIRST GEORGE, VS PICK AND CHOOSE.

He was asking a piston and compression question. See post above.
Could he get away with running that combination?

Lots of good posts on why it probably would not be a good idea for most people, including him, based on the 11.6 compression ratio.

The 8-71 blower was just going along for the ride. It could have been a Procharger unit and the answer would still be the same.

Again, you are grasping at any straw you can to justify your position.

If you read the whole thread, Many people said change the pistons.

Typical, response from you George.

Tom V.

Old 03-04-2019, 08:42 PM
Suspended

Quote:

Tom V.
Has this ever been proven?

Serious question here as I have spent (wasted) some time doing Google searches trying to find out if and what kind of so called "professional experience" you actually have. Aside of a few "possible" photo bombs, the only thing I can come up with are more self-praises.

Old 03-04-2019, 09:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief of the 60's View Post

Serious question here as I have spent (wasted) some time doing Google searches trying to find out if and what kind of so called "professional experience" you actually have. Aside of a few "possible" photo bombs, the only thing I can come up with are more self-praises.
https://patents.justia.com/inventor/...-thomas-vaught

Old 03-04-2019, 10:01 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdgen455 View Post
Good. That will give me something to work on. Thanks

Old 03-04-2019, 11:05 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
https://youtu.be/eMusa5hZxtk?t=4392

Here you go.

Old 03-05-2019, 11:29 AM
Boost Engineer

Quote:

That is because you are a dumb aze and never filed a patent or received credit for one.

thirdgen455 had to help you find the valid info on me so piss-off dumbaze. It is all out there IF you had a clue.

In the Gale Banks video, just go to the end of the presentation, Gale Banks will mention me in the last couple of minutes.

Tom V.

Don't bother with an apology, every one knows you are just a George suck-aze.

Old 03-05-2019, 12:15 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Explain the post above, Dumbaze.
Are you going to question the United States Patent Office Documentation?

Probably not as you did not have a clue on where to find Inventor Information on the web.
Google Search??? ha ha ha laughing my aze off on that one.
YOU DO NOT HAVE A CLUE about Engineering.

Patent Searches are one of the first things that you give to College Trainees when they first come in the door for ENGINEERING.
Sorry, you are not a ENGINEER just a dumbaze.

Tom V.

Old 03-05-2019, 01:11 PM
Boost Engineer

I apologize to the General PY Board for my comments to a LAZY, INTERNET TROLL who has no concept of Engineering, No concept of actually doing the job that I did for 39 years, and no desire to learn. He had to be spoon-fed the info by thirdgen455 to find out basic engineering information (A Basic Patent Search).

All he had to do was PM me and I would have provided the Links to find the information.
Instead he decided to be Inspector Clueso and look for the "dirt" himself.
There was no "Dirt" as the info was right there IF he was not so lazy.

Tom V.

ps To the original THREAD STARTER, put the right compression ratio pistons in the engine and have lots of fun with more boost down the road.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	inspector Clueso 1.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	507210   Click image for larger version

Name:	inspector Clueso 2.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	507211  

Old 03-05-2019, 01:43 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Explain the post above, Dumbaze.
Are you going to question the United States Patent Office Documentation?

Probably not as you did not have a clue on where to find Inventor Information on the web.
Google Search??? ha ha ha laughing my aze off on that one.
YOU DO NOT HAVE A CLUE about Engineering.

Patent Searches are one of the first things that you give to College Trainees when they first come in the door for ENGINEERING.
Sorry, you are not a ENGINEER just a dumbaze.

Tom V.
IF you have nothing to worry about then you have nothing to worry about. Right?

By the way.... I can see why your tires get popped.