Garage Sale Any NON-Pontiac related item you want to buy-sell-trade or giveaway!

Old 06-02-2019, 06:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default John Deere collector tractors

The last tractors from my Dad's estate:

John Deere model MT runs great, looks good, good candidate for restoration, or just enjoy as is. Starts on first engine revolution. $2750.

John Deere model MI (rarer than a RAIV) ran well when stored, will need battery, and the gasoline tank flushed. Will sell as is, or will get running for more money. Some previous owner painted John Deere green. Correct color is construction yellow/orange. $4300. as is or will sell it running for $4800.

John Deere EARLY unstyled B (1935). Running well when stored. Mechanically, not cosmetically, restored by previous owner. Probably less than 10 hours since mechanical restoration. Stored for approximately 10 years inside. Will need fuel tank flush, and possibly electrical tuneup. Will sell as is. This is a very early B. It is hand-crank, and earlier than compression release petcocks. At my age, I am NOT going to be cranking it, so repeat, will sell as is only. $3000.

Consider partial trades of U.S. coin collection or U.S. stamp collection. No vehicle trades considered.

573-392-7378 (9-12, 1-4 Mon-Tues central time) or contact me via email through my website www.thecarburetorshop.com

Jon.

"The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one given to you by your neighbor".

If you truly believe that "one size fits all" try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Owner of The Carburetor Shop, LLC (of Missouri).

Current caretaker of the remains of Stromberg Caburetor, and custodian of the existing Carter and Kingston carburetor drawings.
Old 06-05-2019, 03:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Guess there are no John Deere collectors (except me ) on this forum.

The John Deere MI was the industrial version of the M. Other variants were the MT (tricycle front) and MC (crawler).

Only 1032 total MI tractors were produced. These were generally sold to the states for highway right-of-way maintenance (the MI is dropped about 11 inches lower than the M for slope stability). After the states wore them out, they were sold/given to the counties. Generally, by the time the counties finished with them, the salvage yard was the next stop. Very few survive. If you have any interest in collectible John Deere, use your favorite search engine to see how many you can find.

Jon.

If you truly believe that "one size fits all" try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Current caretaker of the remains of Stromberg Caburetor, and custodian of the existing Carter and Kingston carburetor drawings.
Old 06-06-2019, 01:20 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

My 1950 MT isn't restored, it's just still in regular use.

Old 06-07-2019, 05:27 PM
Senior Chief

Any pictures???

Old 06-07-2019, 09:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

As requested:

The MI is incorrectly painted JD Green/Yellow; should be construction orange

The MT

If these sell, all the carburetors in the background will be lonesome

Jon.