Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 04-19-2019, 08:07 AM

Default Which ecu for boost

Ok guys I am going with a procharger on a Pontiac 400, in the future I plan on growth such as possibly going turbo, so I understand the Holley dominator ecu is awesome but what do you guys think of fueltech? I understand it’s my car do what I like but I would like to hear from experienced guys who been there done that! Thanks in advance!!

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-19-2019, 09:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm very biased towards Megasquirt. I've had the MS3X on my 400 for many years now, would have no problem using it with boost. Many DW guys over there use them and are a fair amount cheaper than other ECU's of equivalent functionality.

Old 04-19-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisr View Post
I'm very biased towards Megasquirt. I've had the MS3X on my 400 for many years now, would have no problem using it with boost. Many DW guys over there use them and are a fair amount cheaper than other ECU's of equivalent functionality.

Awesome, I have heard great things about that ecu as well, cost effective and etc., however I am looking for something that’s has an easier interface to deal with and rookie tuning experience, thanks for your input sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-22-2019, 05:52 PM

I had looked at the MS3 pro myself, then kinda switched plans to the Holley dominator. I was watching some Aussie shows on YouTube and noticed a lot of Haltech. Also some guys on street outlaws using them. Anyone have any experience with those?

Old 04-22-2019, 06:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yep. Haltech is a brilliant ECU with a very simple UI to configure/tune it. In terms of development, they are working daily to improve it which is more than I can say for other brands.