67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 02-26-2024, 05:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJP_Gen1 View Post
Thanks for the setup advice. I lowered my Mustang by an 1" many years ago, so I can surely do the work. The lower ball joints were recently replaced and the steering is pretty tight (it's a low mileage car), so I was hoping to take this in phases by starting with shocks now and working towards other upgrades later. Maybe that's a solid reason to go for the low cost Gabriels now and work towards the Koni reds when I upgrade other suspension parts later.

Thanks again
I would say so. You're almost always money ahead by doing the work with the parts you need/want at one time vs piecemealing things together over time. Especially if you're not doing the labor yourself.

I put this together for you. Prices have really come up in recent years on a lot of things, but putting this together yourself you still save about $1000.00 over buying something like the RideTech streetgrip kit at close to 3K.

Global West Front Springs 1" drop - S-41 - $228.00
Hotchkis Rear Leafs 1.5" drop - 2407C - $577.63
ProForged .5" Tall Ball Join - 101-10016 - $55.85 x2
Global West Cross Shafts - 702 - $85.73 x2
Hellwig Hollow Front Sway Bar - HEL-55705 - $350.99
Koni Classic Shocks Front - 80-1914 - $127.72 x2
Koni Classic Rear Shocks - 80-1953 - $143.84 x2

Old 02-26-2024, 07:05 PM

Thank you very much! This is a helpful and I greatly appreciate you pulling this together for me! That Lola like a pretty affordable upgrade and I can certainly handle the labor.

My wife always says that whenever you buy a new couch you inevitably end up buying a new rug, new chairs and so on. I get the feeling that’s about to happen with my car now 😀😀