Hello all.....I would like to know the following:

How many were made?
How many are left?
What is a finished car worth?
What is a project car worth?

Thanks for any help that comes my way.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Seek out 1967GTO.com. It will have the information you are looking for.

http://www.1967gto.com/specifications.html

If you always do what you always did
You always get what you always got
Old 08-23-2011, 11:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

so do you have the option to buy one of these?

Old 08-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Fewer than 56 built. Worth of project and finished car difficult to estimate without more details (e.g., color combo, current condition, numbers motor)
So what's the story Slotter?

Old 08-23-2011, 02:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I thought 56 is the exact number built. There was one sold at auction, Indy (?) this past
spring or early summer. Interestingly, it was at my first and only GTOAA Meet in Lincolnshire ,Illinois in '92. The fellow who owned it at the time, had advertised it in the Trib a few times. He brought it to the meet, I guess to sell it. It is Burgandy, Black/Black, no power options. No sell, as it was a mess( rust issues,trim,paint bad) It surfaced in Kansas, with a "correct" 67RA XS and other items, then, disappeared.
At the Indy meet, there it was!! It had been worked on, but wasn't "show ready",
let alone Concours, but, sold for around $55K. I know of two in Michigan, and one in Wisconsin. All without the original engines, and some rear-end. I would suspect, if there were one in Concours ready condition, and had the original stuff, I would say, over $100K easy, maybe well over,even in today's market. That is one rare automobile!! Larry

Old 08-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I just read the window sticker above. That is a very weird RA. Look at the power robbing options?? But, that would( with those options) up the ante again!! Do you know of this car that you show in the window sticker?? Please advise. Larry B.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think the 56 number includes both auto and manual (3 & 4 speed), but I might be wrong. Pretty much the holy grail of the 67 model year. Only thing missing is A/C!

Old 08-23-2011, 04:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've seen this car a few times over the years and if I remember right it is the only RA, 4 speed convertible left with the original motor.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The burgundy car is now in CT and had the 997 heads with it at Mecum on a 9786133 block with a blank face. The correct (though obviously not original) XS 9792510 4 bolt block has been located and is resting comfortably next to the car for future use. This was a July 67 built car.

"Worked" isn't the correct word for what this car went through in the years between sightings as it passed through 2 other owners and received several thousand hours of work to the body, chassis, interior & drive line components. It was then driven extensively by the last owner as it was the favorite car in his collection.

It's being driven again.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 08-23-2011, 09:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I believe 7 have been identified by PHS and are known to exist - how many of them are the 2nd series Ram Air cars?

Do you have a build date for the 242677P213428 car?

Old 08-23-2011, 11:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to RA6T7GTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator67 View Post
I think the 56 number includes both auto and manual (3 & 4 speed), but I might be wrong. Pretty much the holy grail of the 67 model year. Only thing missing is A/C!
no a/c avail with ram air, if you wanted a/c you had to get a HO car

Old 08-24-2011, 02:54 AM

The car was my fathers. Joe Lenoir. My father was a avid high performance Pontiac collector. With this car I also inherited a 70 GTO Judge RAIV 4spd; 72 GTO 455 HO WW5 4spd; 71 Trans-Am 4spd (sold new to pontiac motor div. eng. devel.); 74 trans-Am SD; 74 formula 455 RA; 99 Trans-Am 30th anniversary 6spd convertible #005; a few corvettes; just to name a few.

Yes, I have this car and she has the original numbers matching engine. I will post a few photos when I get the chance. Over 30K has been spent on NOS parts for the car. My GTO is a light blue car, white top and interior.

Last edited by 1/32slotter; 08-24-2011 at 03:34 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Congratulations - if I'm lucky I'll get my father's 2001 Grand Am 4 cyl, 4 door!

Which block casting & heads does it have? 1st or 2nd series?

Old 08-24-2011, 01:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

1/32, man, your dad had great taste. You are a lucky guy!! Yes, please post all the information(and history) and pictures you can, this is a special car, my friend. Good luck.

Larry B.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Boss, without giving away personal information, I called on what I think, is this car. It was offered to Jim Mott in the 90's. I found out Gary G. had bought it, and he told me, he had found a correct block in California.this was years ago. I passed on the car, eventhough that is my dream car. I just remember how it looked at Lincolnshire. Too much money to
bring it back, on my budget.
In 92, a kinda weird guy owned it, and ,when I talked to him, he said the car still had the P.O.P. I saw it.The original owner was a black fellow from Joliet, Il. and he had talked to him about his experience.That is also where the present owner lived at this time. IIRC, the original owner just wanted a "fast car" He got it! Any more info ,past Gary G. on where it has been all these years? Larry B.
then owner lived.

Old 08-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob V.
Remember we walked around Lincolnshire.watched judging of some cars. Andy Srykin was judging a 65 3x2 4 speed Tiger Gold CVT.owned by Glenn Konkle.(now in CA.)
I swear you were with me, when this owner went for lunch, in the 67 RA Burgandy CVT.
and it was smokin' and louder than a bomb goin' off. I don't remember if he came back, but,he was in the Concours judging area!!! lol Larry B.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not to hog this thread, but, although I have owned 2 67 GTO convertibles, and I
think got the window sticker on the last , I noticed the some thing strange? on the window sticker above.(sic)" the following options,accessories..... are considered standard for this model." Huh, my 2 cars didn't have the light group stuff! Lamp-Glove Box,Lamp-Ash tray and Cigar Lighter (Courtesy was standard). Is this true? Only for RA Cars? Perry? Canadian destined cars? Or, did I get screwed on my first two GTO's LOL ??

Old 08-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpop View Post
Boss, without giving away personal information, I called on what I think, is this car. It was offered to Jim Mott in the 90's. I found out Gary G. had bought it, and he told me, he had found a correct block in California.this was years ago. I passed on the car, eventhough that is my dream car. I just remember how it looked at Lincolnshire. Too much money to
bring it back, on my budget.
In 92, a kinda weird guy owned it, and ,when I talked to him, he said the car still had the P.O.P. I saw it.The original owner was a black fellow from Joliet, Il. and he had talked to him about his experience.That is also where the present owner lived at this time. IIRC, the original owner just wanted a "fast car" He got it! Any more info ,past Gary G. on where it has been all these years? Larry B.
then owner lived.
Zeb Morris had the car in his collection and it had been "restored" before he got it, but then additional work was done while he owned it including installation of the convertible top. I don't have the name of the owner before him, but it was in with the paperwork that came with it along with some photographs from early on (prior owners) and while the body work was being done. Honestly the paperwork that came with it was as thick as the Manhattan yellow pages - letters from Jim Mattison & Pete McCarthy included. I'm certain Zeb had more in it than the $55k it brought at auction - the receipts in the folder told the story. The crowd at Indy was dizzy from all the black Judges/RA IV GTO's and the RA IV TA that had just gone through and this car drove by under the radar.

It's a killer car that I understand Zeb drove quite a bit and the current owner is enjoying as well. The 56 number is for total RA convertible production but does anybody have a breakdown on those with EUN's after the 646616 9792510 block?

Old 08-24-2011, 10:49 PM

Thanks for all the impute. we have had the car for some 15 years. I think. Got the car from Mark Nearie (mp) out of eastern Oregon. At work now doing 12s. Would love to talk more about the car and maybe find a new owner for her.

Thanks for your time, Joel

Old 08-25-2011, 12:25 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to RA6T7GTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpop View Post
Not to hog this thread, but, although I have owned 2 67 GTO convertibles, and I
think got the window sticker on the last , I noticed the some thing strange? on the window sticker above.(sic)" the following options,accessories..... are considered standard for this model." Huh, my 2 cars didn't have the light group stuff! Lamp-Glove Box,Lamp-Ash tray and Cigar Lighter (Courtesy was standard). Is this true? Only for RA Cars? Perry? Canadian destined cars? Or, did I get screwed on my first two GTO's LOL ??
my 67 has the lamp group as standard equip