Old 09-09-2019, 09:46 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Pics of Dates/Markings 1973 Formula

Maybe this is "same old, same old" to some of you. But, I am really excited to see all the dates and factory markings on some of the parts as I disassemble my Formula. I thought I would post a few pictures.

This is the first time that I have ever taken apart such an untampered with vehicle. This car was only on the road for 12 years and spent the rest of the time in storage. Most old cars I have had have either been virtually nothing left or were worked on by a dozen people before me. I had no idea of the markings I would find on stuff like the headliner.

Here are pics of the top of the headliner, the vapor can behind the rear seat, the dust barriers behind the door panel, the vinyl between the rear seat bottoms.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	headliner.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	519771   Click image for larger version

Name:	behind seat.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	519772   Click image for larger version

Name:	dust barrier.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	519773   Click image for larger version

Name:	vinyl between rear seats.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	519774  

Old 09-09-2019, 11:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool stuff!. In 73 lots more parts had numbers and dates. My 73 has dates there too. See the subframe numbers yet?

Old 09-09-2019, 11:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulabruce View Post
Cool stuff!. In 73 lots more parts had numbers and dates. My 73 has dates there too. See the subframe numbers yet?
I haven't touched anything on the front half of the car yet. So far all I have done is stripped most of the parts from the interior and rear of the car to begin the rust repair. It will be interesting to see what I find up front. Although the rear part of the car has been severely rotted since it was only about 8 or 9 years old, from the doors forward appears to be rust free(with the exception of the corners of the dash).

Here is a pic after I got it home and started cleaning some things up and deciding what metal needed to be replaced, etc.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Firebird starting point.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	519834  

Old 05-05-2020, 12:30 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thought I'd add a couple more pics. Progress has been exceptionally slow but I'm still plugging away. I pulled the rearend and began cleaning it up. I'm not an expert on all the codes but I believe this is the rear that has always been in the car. Actually, the only parts that appear to have ever been replaced(other than general maintenance) are the front valance, passenger mirror, one spoiler end, the gas tank and the wiper motor.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	FB axle pumpkin date cast.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	539195   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB axle stamp.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	539196