WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2008-09 G8 owners > G8 Interior Tech

G8 Interior Tech 08-09 interior tech discussion. Trim, dash, console related, etc

Old 08-15-2018, 09:32 AM
Senior Chief

Default Floor console armrest/lid broken

For some time the plastic frame that the console armrest pad attaches to on my 2009 G8 has been cracked. The armrest pad itself has been fine so I never bothered fixing it. Yesterday while looking for something in the storage compartment under the armrest I bumped the open armrest to hard and one of the two hinges for the plastic frame broke or whatever the hinge attaches to inside the console broke. I removed the screws that attach the pad to the frame and removed the pad. What I can’t figure out is how to remove the plastic frame from the console? I’ve searched the internet and have found comments on the frame breaking but not how to replace it. Anybody know how to get the plastic frame off? Anybody know the GM part number for the frame?
Old 08-21-2018, 11:18 PM

HAVE YOU TRIED LOOKING ON THE G8 BOARD?
VMR Solar Rain V701 Staggered 19x9.5+50 & 19x8.5+35, Hankook V12 285/35 & 255/40
Stoptech, HPS, 12.27 sec 114.6 mph 1/4, 1.96 60ft

Put Jesus Christ in the drivers seat
Old 10-04-2018, 03:26 PM
Senior Chief

Was able to release the cover hinges by removing the rear of the console and HVAC duct/grille. Contacted my former boss at GM and he got me the part number (92457011). It’s described as an “armrest”. They only sell the armrest as an assembly (frame and leather pad) and dealer cost is $165 and change. Found a local dealer willing to order and sell me the part for 5% over their cost. At the time the dealer ordered it GM Service Parts Operations only had 9 left and wasn’t planning to order any more from the supplier. So when I received my armrest GM only had 8 left in their parts warehouses.