Old 09-28-2019, 11:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Think it can be saved

Classic Pontiac Rescue is right here in my backyard and they are doing the body work paint and glass on my car. My car has two dents and no more rust. One dent is in the passenger rocker where it looks like someone tried to jack the car up, noticed their mistake and stopped. The other is a shallow dent on the side of the drivers side where the eyebrow so to speak is on the fender. I was talking to the owner and he is talking about how he thinks the fender MIGHT be able to be saved. This dent is nothing! It looks like someone got mad and punched the fender. This guy has a sterling reputation but this MIGHT comment has me a little peeved. Seems like it should pop back out with some pressure from the backside and then just massage the eyebrow crease. Am I right in being confused why a shop with such a good reputation has a problem with what I see as a pesky but not fatal dent? I have seen his other cars and they are beautiful. No one else I have shown the car to has had a problem with the dent.

Old 09-29-2019, 12:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

he must have a new body man ..........

Old 09-29-2019, 06:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Voice your concerns and ask him why he seems to be the only body-man you spoke with that feels this "Dent" might not be able to repaired.
Or tell him you'll take the fender home and look for a replacement, then take the dented fender to a shop that thinks it's an easy fix.

JM2C