Old 09-13-2019, 07:48 PM

Default Rear Speaker for 67 Convertible

I’ve seen the rear speaker enclosure for sale. What is this?? Does it fit behind the rear seat?? Currently I only have the front speaker.
Thanks, Brian

Old 09-14-2019, 06:43 AM

Here's mine. Lot of reflection from rear window but you can see the installation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2946.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	520103   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2948.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	520104  

Old 09-14-2019, 07:30 PM
Senior Chief

Default Rear speaker enclosure.

I installed one in my '67 convertible, problem for me was that it interfered with the top when you put it down, scratched the plastic window. I followed all the position instruction diagrams but it always seemed to scratch. I gave up, removed it and now use an MP3 player with a small but effective bluetooth speaker on the rear seat. I've still got the speaker enclosure somewhere so if you're going to install one you're welcome to mine for the cost of shipping!

Old 09-15-2019, 08:44 AM

I can see it scratching the plastic window unless you have a zippered one like mine. Un-zip the plastic window and fold it down under the housing. I then place a towel over the window then fold the top down. Stops the top from rubbing on the window.