Old 08-25-2020, 10:43 AM

Default !967 GTO Convertible wheel well.

Does anyone know if the passenger side wheel well on a 67 gto convertible is basically curved on the top, with a indentation, almost a dent, on the top. This looks to me as some kind of dent. Also that side of the car sits high, with the ummm, top of the car sitting on it. lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wheel well.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	547859  

Old 08-25-2020, 08:22 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

You're right, that crease shouldn't be there. It looks like it may be creased because the convertible frame got crunched down on top of the wheel well, likely from folks sitting on the frame (sitting with their feet on the back seat and butts on the frame (parade vehicle?).
And of course, the convertible wheel wells do have flat tops that slope forward.....to make room for the frame...

Old 08-26-2020, 10:07 PM

The only parade this piece a junk would have been in was a parade to the crusher. I think your assumption is correct. There was no other sign of damage to the wheel well. I have to fix the height problem still, oh well.. thanks for the verification.