Old 07-07-2016, 09:55 AM

Default Heater box paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Boneske View Post
It's a Valspar product.

Be sure to test for proper application on a test piece of metal before you paint the heater box. Spray technique will yield different results, and if you're persistent, you can match the factory texture/finish very well.
Hi Dick I ask again for velspar metallic grey. Staff didn't mention a heater box grey. Thanks

Old 07-07-2016, 10:25 AM

Default Heater box paint

Quote:
It's a Valspar product.

Be sure to test for proper application on a test piece of metal before you paint the heater box. Spray technique will yield different results, and if you're persistent, you can match the factory texture/finish very well.
Hi again do you have the code number for the paint? I found on Amazon Hammered metallic silver grey #68219 for $15.47. Is the same paint number you have? Jon

Old 07-07-2016, 03:51 PM

Default Heater box paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon greenwood View Post
Hi Dick I just called Hinshaws for the paint you referred to as heater box. They have no paint under that name. Do you have part number off your can? Please send maybe that will help. Thanks jon
Hi Dick ok Valspar. Is the # 68219? Found listing on Amazon for hammered silver grey with the above #?

Old 07-08-2016, 08:39 AM

Default Heater box paint

Quote:
It's a Valspar product.

Hi Dick can you check for the # for Valspar paint? Hinshaw's couldn't help me find this paint. I did locate thru Amazon paint # 68219 called Hammered silver grey which looks like it. So hope you have can with paint #. Thanks

Old 07-11-2016, 10:39 AM

Hi Dick is the Valspar heater box paint you mention number 68219 found it listed on Amazon as hammered silver gray ???

Old 07-22-2017, 10:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
It's a Valspar product.

Dick, I wonder if you could do me a favor and see what the code for this Hammer finish paint is? I looked online and they list a silver-grey Hammer finish paint. Your heater box looked very good. Just want to make sure I get the correct color.
Thanks,
Tony

Old 07-23-2017, 11:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

This is the Valspar product I used. I do not have the can so the picture is the best I can do for product ID. You can search the internet for the same Valspar products. I've attached pictures of the "before" and "after" heater box.

The Rust-Oleum Graphite metallic wheel paint is close to the correct color, but does not produce the hammered finish. I've attached pictures of that product.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2861.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	459369   Click image for larger version

Name:	'64 Heater Box Under Dash, '61 Tripower 002.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	459371   Click image for larger version

Name:	'64 Heater Box Under Dash, '61 Tripower 008.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	459372   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4227.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	459373   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4228.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	459374  

'64 GTO Tripower Hardtop (Wife's Car)
'64 GTO Tripower Post Coupe (My Car)
'99 Bonneville SE Sedan
Old 07-25-2017, 10:20 AM
Senior Chief

I posted this on page 1. It's a hammered paint just like the valspar and is balls-on accurate to the original.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleu...5830/100146848