Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 12-11-2015, 05:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Beware PY member 'KO, Karl Owen

After nearly 10 months of being jerked around and given excuses it is time I outed this guy on PY. I bought a block off Karl Owen in Newcastle , Delaware back in March and he then offered to build me an engine. I sent him $3000 for block purchase and start up costs for the build. I then sent him over $1000 in parts. He gives me nothing but excuses, his number is out of service and he won't give me any pics or update. Time to call a spade a spade with a "fellow PY-er" - avoid, avoid, avoid.

He has been banned from corral.net , the late model mustang site , and others for similar behaviour - unfortunately I learned this too late. He has my parts and my money and I have nothing.

Last edited by Ccass; 12-14-2015 at 09:48 PM. Reason: modified as per board rules
Old 12-11-2015, 05:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlightblack View Post
After nearly 10 months of being jerked around and given excuses it is time I outed this guy on PY. I bought a block off Karl Owenin Newcastle , Delaware back in March and he then offered to build me an engine. I sent him $3000 for block purchase and start up costs for the build. I then sent him over $1000 in parts. He gives me nothing but excuses, his number is out of service and he won't give me any pics or update. Time to call a spade a spade with a "fellow PY-er" - he's a thief and a con artist - avoid, avoid, avoid.

He has been banned from corral.net , the late model mustang site , and others for similar behaviour - unfortunately I learned this too late. He has my parts and my money and I have nothing.
I'm not a lawyer. but I have watched "Law and Order" a lot. Call the State Attorney's office in the city where he lives and file charges. If not, you may have to call the Sheriffs Office, and start with their Fraud Division, they will take it from there. Sometimes it gets to be a Small Claims case. Good Luck, we don't need any more crooks that what we have. ; )

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.
Bill Nye.

Last edited by Ccass; 12-14-2015 at 09:48 PM. Reason: modified as per forum policies
Old 12-11-2015, 07:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default trust

"Small claims" takes my vote , $4,000 dls is enough to buy a after market block.

Old 12-11-2015, 10:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

you sent me a deposit for a complete engine in April, then two months later you emailed me to stop the project because you said your wife lost her job, there was a tow month delay and you then stated you wanted to continue with the project, I told you I had taken on two other projects and yours would be put on hold until those were completed. I finally got back on the project and am about three weeks away from completing but ran into issues with the heads you supplied. This is the busy time of the year for my job and I have been working 14 hour days. I also took a second job that takes up my weekends. I really wanted to refund your money back in July when you backed out but you insisted on moving forward. I really don't think 8 months is out of the question for building a complete correct engine and acquiring all the correct small parts, this is not something that is slapped together in a weekend.

Old 12-12-2015, 12:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

this reply is to indicate there has been movement to work things out

Old 12-12-2015, 12:17 AM
Administrator

moving to Pontiac BBB and closing. Try and resolve offline and then shoot me a pm with the results. We'll post them here.

Old 12-13-2015, 10:32 PM
Administrator

starlightblack has contact us and asked us to post the following;

I think we have worked it out - he says he will refund and send back parts. thank you