Old 08-05-2017, 02:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Clutch adjustment I hope

As I was installing the pulleys to the crankshaft the motor start to turn so I made sure the transmission was in gear but I can still turn the motor over by hand.

I thought maybe I needed to adjust the clutch travel but when I looked at the clutch yoke the adjusting rod is not even touching the yoke arm.

What the heck! New clutch plate, pressure plate, throughout bearing and the flywheel resurfaced. Is the flywheel a different thickness on a 64 326 versus a 65 326? Do I have an issue with the throughout bearing?

I haven't removed the transmission yet so I thought someone here has any suggestions I should try before ripping it out AGAIN.

Old 08-06-2017, 08:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Please don't be offended by these questions, but ....

Is the transmission in gear?

Is the driveshaft installed?

Are the rear tires on the ground?

Old 08-06-2017, 08:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes sir, no offense taken.

I have also posted in the Street section and have received several opinions.

Transmission in gear, Drive shaft in, but wheels off the ground.

The wheels and drive shaft do not turn when rotating the motor.

The "scraping" sound ended up be the inspection plate either slight bent or the little tabs at the top where not seated properly. This has been resolved.

I am now going to back the transmission out about 1/4" or so to see if the throughout bearing may be too long.

Once I disconnected the spring and the adjustment rod, the yoke does have some free play so the throughout bearing doesn't appear to be touching the fingers of the pressure plate, at least by feel.

All original flywheel, pressure plate, bell housing and transmission bolts.

No washers on the flywheel bolts.

The only difference is I replaced the heavy duty pressure plate with the multi-finger style.

Old 08-06-2017, 09:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

OK I am an idiot.

I am doing this by myself so I couldn't see the drive shaft as I turned the motor so I was watching the rear passenger wheel for movement.

Didn't think about the driver's side and it does turn.

Guess I don't have a posi rear end as I thought.

So let, your a dumbass, comments fly, I deserve them.

Old 08-06-2017, 10:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

OK Halfway. Nice that you don't take offense and keep a good sense of humor. Good luck.

Old 08-06-2017, 08:52 PM
Boost Engineer

Not an idiot, happens to the best of us. Did you get your throttle cable bracket?

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Tom,

Yes I received it but the space that I would have to make up with a spacer or washers is more than the bolt will reach.

Do you want this one back?

I have another bracket for the 64 motor so the one I traded, you can keep.

I will probably just go ahead and get a repop from Ames, I need a few other items anyway.

Old 08-07-2017, 07:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfilean View Post
OK Halfway. Nice that you don't take offense and keep a good sense of humor. Good luck.
I imagine if most of us didn't have a sense of humor and lots of patience, our cars would be a smoldering heap in the front yard or full of bullet holes.