Old 04-15-2013, 11:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thoughts?

That's the solution. You have to think. You cannot shotgun it clear.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:23 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well, it's fixed, kinda. After doing all the trouble shooting (thanks Old Goat 67) everything pointed to bad senders. I went and spent 9 bucks at Napa, got one of their senders and the gauge works. Reads Hot but works. The 2 senders from Lectriclimited did not move the needle nor did the GM unit I got off e-bay. A fellow memeber is sending me a used original one. Hopefully all will be OK at that point.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:15 PM

Default Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrygoat View Post
Well, it's fixed, kinda. After doing all the trouble shooting (thanks Old Goat 67) everything pointed to bad senders. I went and spent 9 bucks at Napa, got one of their senders and the gauge works. Reads Hot but works. The 2 senders from Lectriclimited did not move the needle nor did the GM unit I got off e-bay. A fellow memeber is sending me a used original one. Hopefully all will be OK at that point.
I may have to try that Napa unit to see if my gauge reads at all...

1969 GTO Convertible
1970 Torino GT 429/SCJ
1968 Corvette 427/435hp
1998 Corvette Pace Car
2015 Challenger FF R/T Classic
Old 04-20-2013, 09:15 PM

Default Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrygoat View Post
I may have to try that Napa unit to see if my gauge reads at all...they are cheap enough...

1969 GTO Convertible
1970 Torino GT 429/SCJ
1968 Corvette 427/435hp
1998 Corvette Pace Car
2015 Challenger FF R/T Classic