Old 06-15-2016, 09:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by "QUICK-SILVER" View Post
Don't know on the OP's car, but, here's what it's suppose to be: brown/white from fuse box to switch and brown from switch out to lights.
Well then, that's the wires to check. Seek..and you will find. ; )

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.
Bill Nye.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:55 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport69 View Post
Has 0 volts on the right side of the taillight fuse and has 12 on the left side?
Are you measuring the voltage on the fuse or the fuse clip. I had a good fuse not making a connection with the clip!

Old 06-16-2016, 01:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiac62 View Post
Are you measuring the voltage on the fuse or the fuse clip. I had a good fuse not making a connection with the clip!
Yes. Use your test light. Check the fuse end, then check the fuse clip. If there is an issue, wiggle that fuse and see if you can get power on the clip.

Bill Nye.
Old 06-16-2016, 03:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I really appreciate all of the responses, I haven't had a chance to check all of your suggestions because of work obligations, but I'm planning on running everything through the ringer tomorrow. The last fuse I checked with my multimeter I touched the test points on the fuse ends, but I didn't check every fuse that way. I think I need to revisit those new fuses again and check each one with the meter, I might have two issues going on.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

You guys were right about the fuses, I had about 5 fuses that looked good, but weren't! Finally got one that worked but blew the fuse the minute I turned on the parking lights. Ended up tracing it to the front DS parking light connector. I replaced the connector and bingo, parking lights, and no blown fuse. Thanks everyone for all the help, I really hate tracking down those electrical gremlins! The last time it took three days to find a courtesy light that was installed crooked, what a PITA...

Old 06-18-2016, 09:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

One way to help with shorts is to get a headlight (we all have one laying around) and wire 1 terminal to a fuse clip, and another terminal to the other fuse clip. Now, if there is a short, the headlight will light. Now trace the wires of the circuit that is shorted and if you are wiggling the wires, and are near the short the light should flicker. You can mount the headlight in a way you can keep an eye on it as you move along. Be sure to wiggle them in a way like normal engine/road vibrations. You don't want to go yanking on them in a big way, as you may temporarily "fix" the short, only to have it come back later. If its a component that's shorted, when you disconnect it, the light will go out. This saves you from burning up fuses.

Bill Nye.