Old 06-30-2007, 11:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

wfbarto: Good point about the information in the manuals.

The manuals also have step-by-step instructions on diagnosing failures of various kinds, not just electrical.

An important point regarding manuals, especially for electrical diagnosis: For anyone who does their own work, especially on these cars, get a factory manual. The manuals have wiring diagrams which are invaluable for finding and fixing problems Having wire color codes make it very easy to chase down these electrical gremlins. For electrical work, a wiring diagram is a necessity

For today's cars, manuals are even more important. I couldn't imagine trying to fix a modern car without a manual. Every new car i get, I also spend the $125 to get the manuals.

George

Old 07-01-2007, 03:11 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default I second

I second the motion to saying thanks. As i've mentioned B4,i try to save a lot of the info i gain here for future reference. I even went and pulled out my Mac Meter so as to play with some of the settings as explained here. That alone created a couple probs....first a dead batt. Next i couldn't compare meter to meter due to my Mac dosen't allow the prongs to swich.So all settings are prob within the circuits...then to make it worse...i couldn't find my handbook to define anything by. But still...i'll search for it and hopefully be able to apply some current draws etc with my meter. Now i'm wanting a Fluke!

3sp&3:08/10 boltPosi-Pwr Windows-Pwr Antenna
Silvermist w/BlackVinyl Top

http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t201/dracowizard/65/
Old 07-01-2007, 05:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You can buy flukes on ebay for pretty cheap (brand new). My old boss outfitted all our trucks with 787's from ebay. I think he paid around 200-250 for them.

Now if only i could get my company to buy me another 789 so i can take this one home!!!

'74 ventura, (Fired july 14/06) '74 462 4-bolt (9.5-1), SCAT, Ross, T-II w/850DP (shaker455), TH350, Conti 10'' 3800, Supercomps, Magnaflow, 3'' Pypes, 3.73's, 28x13.5-15 ET streets.

1970 Beismeyer 17' flatbottom vdrive, 11.8:1 455P, ported heads, dual Qjet tunnel ram.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:38 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Bump.

Maybe this needs a sticky?
cm