Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:20 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 69 Headlight cover trim

No big deal I guess, but about a year and a half ago I was at the PY stand at Carlisle, PA. I was in the process of gathering parts for my 69 GTO. I saw a headlight trim sitting on the table. I asked if they had 2 for me. "No they only had that one and there will be no more"!

So I jumped on it figuring I may find another later. When my car finally got my GTO out of the paint shop. As I started to put my headlights doors together and the trim was not in any way fit! No problem I thought I just left spring Carlisle and of course I purchased another trim for the other side knowing I had one at home.

I thought that during fall Carlisle, PY may exchange or give me some credit....... no way got..... a OOH well. I am not a rich guy who can spend thousands of $$$ a year with PY, but I do go out of my way to do my Pontiac parts shopping with PY. To me the little guy with a project car is what this hobby is all about!

I try to support the people that give us this great forum that is a very big part of my life.............If PY has it and I need it, I don't even price compare! I feel that I should support this forum and I do.......

No hard feelings........I love this forum and the guys who help each other so much. To see people helping others whom they have never and may never meet is truly a blessing...thanks......................

Old 11-05-2008, 12:49 PM
PY Staff - Tech

Just out of curiosity who did you speak to at the swap meet? "Ooh Well" is not a typical response that we give to any type of problem. What was the reason that they said you could not return it? Usually the only time something would not be returnable that was purchased at a show would be something that was used or if the item had been discontinued and even a discontinued item usually can be returned. You can PM me if you would like.

Ed

Old 11-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Correction......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed at PY View Post
Just out of curiosity who did you speak to at the swap meet? "Ooh Well" is not a typical response that we give to any type of problem. What was the reason that they said you could not return it? Usually the only time something would not be returnable that was purchased at a show would be something that was used or if the item had been discontinued and even a discontinued item usually can be returned. You can PM me if you would like.

Ed
Hey Ed, not sure whom I spoke with, and I'm sorry that I made it seem that the PY representative verbal response was "ooh well". He did not say that. That was only impression I got from him. Would not be fair for me to say he actually said that. The only response I actually got was the old trim was crap and was made poorly. I did not worry about how flimsy the trim was, just wanted to at least fit. But the representative only suggestion that I should re-drill the holes on my brand new covers. Did not seem right to re-drill perfectly good doors to make crappy trim fit.

I ended up purchasing a new trim from PY anyway at the GM Carlisle show but had forgotten to bring the old trim to that show......figured that since I was a decent customer that I would at least get some type of credit at the next show when i brought the cheap trim with me.

As for the PY rep I thought that maybe he was having a bad day after he told me that someone stole a tub of merchandise just before I got there. I was looking for rear seat armrest pads....they where in the tub!

Since my very first dealings with you guys I have always been impressed with the service and patience. Between me not knowing a whole lot about restorations, or knowing the correct terminology for the part I needed and then asking a billion questions must be irritating at times to some PY staff. The staff never made me feel too dumb. That type of service and providing this fine forum are the reasons for my loyalty to PY.

Thanks for getting back to me!

Old 11-05-2008, 04:01 PM
PY Staff - Tech

O.k. well i think that explains some things. I think you are confusing us with Ames Performance. Those guys had some tubs of parts stolen at the Carlisle show, i am not aware of us having anything stolen let alone a tub of parts. One of their guys told me about this. Maybe this is the case?

Old 11-06-2008, 12:16 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed at PY View Post
O.k. well i think that explains some things. I think you are confusing us with Ames Performance. Those guys had some tubs of parts stolen at the Carlisle show, i am not aware of us having anything stolen let alone a tub of parts. One of their guys told me about this. Maybe this is the case?
That could be true......but I know that I purchased the trim from you guys. i may have gotten the story of the theft mixed up. To be honest when I think back, I should have been very clear with the PY rep with point that I wanted credit or something along those lines.
To be fair the rep may have thought that I just wanted him to see the part and get some advise on how to get the trim to fit.......

But I did not want to seem as if I was trying to pull a fast one.

I apologize for the confusion.....thanks