Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2019, 02:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Walnut Shells for Grills

I put my complete Endura up on some saw horses in the shop to mess with in my spare time .... even though it will be minimum 18 months before I'm ready to install it .... anywho.

I pulled the grills out tonight, epoxing up any cracks etc. .... like most grills it's been painted black at some point, it's not adhered very well ... I don't want to use a harsh paint remover on it .... anyone ever used walnut shells in their cabinet to strip one of these grills?

Also, how about the shells to clean the emblems? Those nooks and crannies are a pain. I used shells once on an old carb and was amazed how gentle yet effective they were, cleaned it spotless but would leave the old factory iridescent cad plate untouched. Seems like it might work well on plastic.

One grill is perfect, the other has the two pins broken off etc. I'm going to try to find plastic rod of the right type and plastic weld or epoxy in new pins.