Old 08-26-2003, 09:27 AM
Suspended

well this morning i hooked everything up and hit the starter it cranked for 1seconed and fired right up, i couldn’t believe it, started to smoke from the paint and a small trans oil leak no big deal, so i pushed it up to 2500rpm, i still couldn’t believe it turned right on, i didn’t even have to move the distributor any, after 10mins i did the dumbest thing in my life, for some reason i had left the radiator cap on and in all the excitement i unscrewed the dam thing, all the hot water came out all over my shirt my hand, so i proceeded to rip my shirt off stop the engine and run into the house, i swear i still have no idea why i did that, been around motors my whole life, this is around the 13th motor i rebuilt, now after 4 codeine pills and 4beers im able to laugh at my mistake, i just wasn’t thinking, i think the motor turning right on just blew my mind, most of the time i always had to mess with the timing, mess with the carb....

anyway im really happy, hopefully these first degree burns will go away in a few more hours, (im typing with one hand now) lol, i swear its always the simple little things that gets me every time....

luckily no one seen my mistake but some lawn cutting guy a few doors down lol, that must have been a site, me ripping off my shirt an screaming in a big cloud of smoke ahhhaahha I wasn’t even going to post this story due to my macho man ways but what the hell lol.

http://gto.1colony.com/

Old 08-26-2003, 09:27 AM
Suspended

well this morning i hooked everything up and hit the starter it cranked for 1seconed and fired right up, i couldn’t believe it, started to smoke from the paint and a small trans oil leak no big deal, so i pushed it up to 2500rpm, i still couldn’t believe it turned right on, i didn’t even have to move the distributor any, after 10mins i did the dumbest thing in my life, for some reason i had left the radiator cap on and in all the excitement i unscrewed the dam thing, all the hot water came out all over my shirt my hand, so i proceeded to rip my shirt off stop the engine and run into the house, i swear i still have no idea why i did that, been around motors my whole life, this is around the 13th motor i rebuilt, now after 4 codeine pills and 4beers im able to laugh at my mistake, i just wasn’t thinking, i think the motor turning right on just blew my mind, most of the time i always had to mess with the timing, mess with the carb....

anyway im really happy, hopefully these first degree burns will go away in a few more hours, (im typing with one hand now) lol, i swear its always the simple little things that gets me every time....

luckily no one seen my mistake but some lawn cutting guy a few doors down lol, that must have been a site, me ripping off my shirt an screaming in a big cloud of smoke ahhhaahha I wasn’t even going to post this story due to my macho man ways but what the hell lol.

Old 08-26-2003, 10:40 AM
Suspended

well my hand is better, i just ran the motor for 20mins at 2100 rpms, everything is great, tomorrow ill set the timing and adjust the idle, that motor is pure power it rumbles the concrete under my feet, i guess ill change the oil and filter too. still cant believe that motor fired up that fast, i had that timing dialed right in,, WOOHOO time to down a few more beers and light up one of my good cigars!!!!!!'''

Old 08-26-2003, 06:16 PM
Senior Chief

Joe,

I know the feeling, and I hope you aren't burned too bad. We all do dumb things in the heat of passion, especially when it comes to cars! I think I speak for all who visit here, when I say, well done, you deserve that beer!!

If it has ti*s or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Old 08-26-2003, 07:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Congratulations!

http://www.jimspontiac.homestead.com/Index.html

Old 08-27-2003, 05:53 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

BIG CONGRATS!!!

There is nothing like the aroma of exhaust from a new engine.

Beats that catalitic converter stink any day.

...best if used on or before date indicated...
65 GTO

Old 08-27-2003, 08:14 AM
Suspended

WOW, that 2 ½ x-pipe exhaust system with 40 series flowmasters, is enough to get all the people that live around me out of their houses, hahaha, the whole car is shaking back and forth, it feels like im at the starting line in a supercharged dragster, i love it!!!! i hooked the manual fuel pump up this morning and was just running the car a few feet back and forth in the driveway, i still have to fix a list of stuff before taking it on the road, just hope the people next store don’t call the cops on me. hehhehehehehe, its just insain!!!!! pure pontiac power!!!

Old 08-27-2003, 11:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via MSN to Bud Lyons

I can see the smile on your face from here. Good job.

My Rig's a little old, but that don't mean she's slow.

Only two defining forces have ever offered their life for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
One for your soul; the other for your freedom
Old 08-27-2003, 01:48 PM
Suspended

ummm, went through my 5gals of gas, and i didn’t go anywhere but the end of my driveway, lol, i guess it ran it for about 40mins all together, 20 mins at 2000 rpms, time to get some more gas for the beast hehehe

also its confirmed, all my neighbors hate me now!!
some guy 4 doors up the street came down today(a doctor type), asked me if it was necessary for that to be so loud, i told him that its all stock, so its necessary. then i started to rev it up some more, he turned around and left.... it cant be any worst then his freaking leaf blower, hahahaha'

maybe we will see some moving signs going up around my house, and some Pontiac people can move in,,, woohoo!!!