Old 08-15-2003, 07:47 AM
Suspended

heres the photo of my completed dash (still a few wires i need to hide after the motor goes in tomorrow) im in the process of machining a Pontiac horn button into the wood race wheel now, all lights are working great AT LAST! even the glove boxes and console lights! the seats look like crap, but ill redo them next year.

http://gto.1colony.com/

Old 08-15-2003, 07:47 AM
Suspended

heres the photo of my completed dash (still a few wires i need to hide after the motor goes in tomorrow) im in the process of machining a Pontiac horn button into the wood race wheel now, all lights are working great AT LAST! even the glove boxes and console lights! the seats look like crap, but ill redo them next year.

Old 08-15-2003, 08:24 PM

Looks great! I like the looks of the steering wheel, too!
Dick

Old 08-17-2003, 01:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

How did you get the rally speedo in the standard 3 gauge cluster? I have the rally temp and oil single gauge on the end in mine(3gauge cluster was broke) that was easy to fix. is yours resilk-screened or what? looks nice

Brent
65 GTO conv
84 T-Type
my cars

my cars
Old 08-18-2003, 04:27 AM
Suspended

it bolts right in there, i got the gauge in that condition, i dropped the motor in the car Saturday in a hail storm, ill post a pic of that later tonight.

im almost done milling the Pontiac horn button into the center, i took a Grant Banjo Style Steering Wheel with extra (Plain) horn button part, hot glued a Pontiac center onto the raised part and grinded it to size then i milled the raised center off and perfect fit, ill take a pic after im done.

[This message was edited by joe palzynski on August 18, 2003 at 07:36 AM.]

[This message was edited by joe palzynski on August 18, 2003 at 07:37 AM.]

Old 08-19-2003, 06:00 PM
Suspended

seems my free site took my pic off, i put it on a buddys site so it should work now,

Old 08-19-2003, 06:14 PM
Suspended

update, i got the motor in, all hoses are hooked up, fixed all electrical issues and trans lines, still need to install the exhaust and move the trans cross member, i hope ill have it all ready to fire up this Saturday and take the first ride! (and get towed back due to something i forgot) lol,

im trying not to think negative, its just last Saturday i was installing the motor when a 65mph hail storm came up on me, the motor was half way in... also when i was bolting the flywheel on i put it on backwards and the holes didn’t line up,

so i panicked and drove all over trying to find a new one with no luck, after i got my 2cases of beer and took a moment to look at it again it dawned on me lol,,,

and today i spent 3hours wondering why my starter wire didn’t have power, turns out i didn’t hook the neutral safety switch up, lol, i swear its the goofy little things that gets me all the time, but i guess its pretty funny after its all fixed:}

Old 08-19-2003, 09:38 PM

Helpful Hint for 4-speed cars:
The Neutral Safety switch wiring(needed only for automatics)share the same wiring harness with the 4-speed cars. The 4-speeds have a wiring harness connector that permanently closes the circuit of the two neutral safety switch wires. If you install a burgular alarm as I did in my 65 GTO conv. you can remove the Pontiac wiring connector and install the Burgular alarm's starter motor deactivation circuit to the two purple wires of the GTO wiring harness. Perfect place for a Steath starter device.