Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 03-30-2003, 10:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

we went to savannah, georgia to race yesterday because our track has the weekend off and we're going to race there twice later this year. i cut down the tree all day en route to the semi's, then i lost a coin toss for lane choice and went red in the right lane. i learned alot about driving the car on the big end and even managed to lose with a .514 light when i didn't lift quickly enough!! this was my first time going this far into a race and surprisingly i wasn't as nervous as i thought i'd be. i got into a good rythm right away in the lanes and at the tree, and i was able to sustain that all night. the red light really ticked me off because i was having a good night on the tree, plus it cost me ~$300~ by not going to the final.

i had advanced the cam 2* earlier in the week, but this track wasn't the best place to see how much that helped. the car did want to spin the tires harder on the launch, but until i get my new slicks/axles next week i really won't know if the car will go any quicker.

97 Trans Am WS6
Best ET: 12.13
Best MPH 114.6
74 Formula 455
Best ET: 12.02
Best MPH: 112

Old 03-30-2003, 10:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

we went to savannah, georgia to race yesterday because our track has the weekend off and we're going to race there twice later this year. i cut down the tree all day en route to the semi's, then i lost a coin toss for lane choice and went red in the right lane. i learned alot about driving the car on the big end and even managed to lose with a .514 light when i didn't lift quickly enough!! this was my first time going this far into a race and surprisingly i wasn't as nervous as i thought i'd be. i got into a good rythm right away in the lanes and at the tree, and i was able to sustain that all night. the red light really ticked me off because i was having a good night on the tree, plus it cost me ~$300~ by not going to the final.

i had advanced the cam 2* earlier in the week, but this track wasn't the best place to see how much that helped. the car did want to spin the tires harder on the launch, but until i get my new slicks/axles next week i really won't know if the car will go any quicker.

97 Trans Am WS6
Best MPH 114.6
74 Formula 455

Old 03-30-2003, 10:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Good racin rumair congrates, I'm happy to go 1 rd. this puts me in the top 50%. As I always say you better like the scene and the people, cause your only on the track, sometimes for only 12. secs.

BIGGERISBETTER-15 yrs in NHRA tech ret. 1977 400 .030, RPM E-Take, Q-jet, 6X, 3650lb. 78 Catalina,14.50's.

Old 03-30-2003, 07:39 PM

Whatcha got in your LT1?

1996 WS6
1968 GTO

Old 03-31-2003, 07:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rasilverbird:
Whatcha got in your LT1? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the combo that ran those numbers was a stock shortblock, ported stock heads, hyd. roller, long tubes, SPEC stage 3 clutch and all the bolt-ons. the bad news is that it blew up (spun 4 rod bearings, 3 main bearings and split the middle main cap in half), costing me the original block, but the top end is fine.

i have a 4-bolt LT1 block at the house and a 383 rotating assembly on the way. there will be no more 3500 clutch dumps on ET streets with the TA. i coulda had a ton more stuff done on the 74 by now if the damn chebby piece had held together.

97 Trans Am WS6
Best MPH 114.6
74 Formula 455