Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 10-18-2017, 06:06 PM

Default Quadrajet power llc recommendation.

Getting ready to send out my quadrajet out for a rebuild and wanted to see if anyone has had experiences with quadrajet power llc out of Texas? The couple I read from the past look good.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yes, they rebuilt mine about a month ago. They did fantastic work.

I had their top level build, and they took all of my engine specs (cam, compression ratio, port work, etc) and did a custom setup. I'm getting an extra inch of vacuum at idle, much better throttle response, and noticeably more power.

I roll with drag radials on the street, and I usually hook pretty good as long as I'm not hammering it. I'm having to back further off now to keep from breaking the tires loose. Very happy with their work.

Their shop is only about 60 miles from my house, so I dropped it off in person. It's a family run business and I got to check out their shop. It is very clean and well organized. Father and son both race Buicks. The owner has a Bad A$$ GSX.

Last edited by Navy Horn 16; 10-18-2017 at 10:38 PM.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'd be interested in people's experiences too. They look like they can provide a carb for what I need for a decent price and quality.

Old 10-19-2017, 05:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

This is their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/quadrajetpower/

They have a lot of photos of their products going out and are really good at answering questions.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:22 PM

I just received the rebuilt quadrajet last Thursday. I went with one of their cores and had the level 2 rebuild without the new plating. Took about 1 month from order. I got the chance to install it today. I’ll hold recommendations for a couple days then add pics and details.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
I'd be interested in people's experiences too. They look like they can provide a carb for what I need for a decent price and quality.
Since you live in NY, you may wanna consider Everyday Performance. He's a lot closer to you. Looks like he is also a Buick guy.

http://www.everyday-performance.com/

No, I've never bought one from either builder. I've always done my own.