Old 03-19-2018, 10:17 AM

Default Hardware Kit?

Does anyone know if their are hardware kits available for the 63 tempest? I'm painting my car now and I would really like to just use new nuts and bolts to assemble everything with.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Save your old US-made bolts, have them cleaned, Cad or Zinc plated. Depends which bolts, fender bolts were in car paint I believe. Nothing is available in kit form. Any repros would likely be Chinese bolts.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:26 PM

I restored a 62 LeMans using correct style hardware to bolt all front sheet metal together. The ebay link below is same hardware I used. I needed about 70 of them. The correct 1/4" washers that go with them came from The Home Depot. They sell them 100 in a package for under $5.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25-pcs-14-x...19.m1438.l2649
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	479147  

Old 03-28-2018, 02:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I thought the cars were painted at the factory with the fenders on? In that case, the bolts would have been painted over.

Old 03-28-2018, 02:14 PM

Hey Chris, Tempests were painted at factory with fenders off. None of the front sheet metal screws should be painted. I can post pics of an original paint car without painted hardware if you want to see.