Old 05-03-2020, 02:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Hideaway bumper mount to frame bolts

Anyone have any info on the Endura with Hideaways, bumper mount bracket to frame bolts? They were large I think, with the serrated washer that would leave impressions in the mounting bracket.

Can't seem to find mine. I remember the bumper doesn't stay in place worth a damn without the grippy washers. Not sure if the same ones were used on the chrome bumper mounts or not.

Old 05-03-2020, 02:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have decent spares , bolts. washers, nuts ...

fairly sure they are the same as rear bumper and std chrome and std endura bumpers

I have not seen any different ones on the 20 or so Hideaway cars I have parted and owned over the years and 40 or so std ones

whats the foundry mark on your rear ones ?

"A" "M" ??

Scott

Old 05-04-2020, 12:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Not sure I have the rear ones either

Most of the other bolts, like the mount to bumper bolts are "M" .

For sure I'll need four each of bolts, nuts, washers.

Found some reproduction washers but I don't trust they are the same quality as the originals which must have been pretty hard the way the bite into the metal.

Old 05-04-2020, 06:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I am not sure if I have a thread on that, but they were the toothed washers & front & back were the same. I still have the originals form my Pontiac plant 68 that I had incorrectly plated in silver cad. I used those to purchase & compare aftermarket replacements. Tonight I can dig them out & take some pictures of the originals & what I used.

68 GTO 4-spd Convertible
78 S/E Trans am L78, WS6 Auto
78 S/E Trans am W72, WS6 Auto
79 10th aniv W72 Trans am
80 Indy pace car Trans am
89 Trans am GTA
Old 05-04-2020, 04:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I found some reproductions on Inline Tube but, besides not really liking Inline Tube that much, I worried they aren't up to the same spec as the OEM parts. Did you like the reproductions far as quality etc.?

Usually for standard fasteners I'll go to some place like McMaster and find good US made equivalents ... but stuff like those washers I can find except reproduction or used.

Old 05-05-2020, 04:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

While looking for the MC in the other thread I found these ... I'm guessing there are more hidden away somewhere.

Looks like it might be time to do a proper inventory of parts. I bagged up a ton of them 20+ years ago and also a bunch lying randomly in various bins. My bin labels have become meaningless over the years as things got put into whatever bin they would fit.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bumper-Mount-to-Frame-bolt-1.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	539203  

Old 05-05-2020, 06:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry I never got a chance to dig through my photos yesterday. I bought mine from AMK. the washers & bolts. My GTO & parts car both came out of Pontiac MI & had different bolt heads as I recall, but the washers where identical. Not a big surprise there, but thought I would mention there was likely several designs used. I think I still have things circled in the book that I ordered. You might want to order their book if you don't have it. Website it still a little hard to use https://www.amkproducts.com But the book is awesome. I also bought some fasteners from Inline, but as you know everything they have is listed as "exact reproductions" They do have some things that are dang close, but others that are not even in the same ball park. I was very happy with the AMK toothed washers & bolts. Very likely a supplier for the other vendors?

68 GTO 4-spd Convertible
78 S/E Trans am L78, WS6 Auto
78 S/E Trans am W72, WS6 Auto
79 10th aniv W72 Trans am
80 Indy pace car Trans am
89 Trans am GTA
Old 05-05-2020, 11:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I've been very happy with the quality from AMK. I might have to work up a $30 order. I've got some bolts with an "M" and some with an "A" they are mixed from an 68 Arlington GTO and a 68 Baltimore Lemans.

And yes, I think ALL of Inline's hardware and almost all other vendors comes from AMK.

I should have looked through their catalog immediately, I always forget about it.

Old 05-07-2020, 05:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Just worked up an order with AMK .... always end up buying extra stuff there, hard to resist all that new hardware

Old 05-07-2020, 02:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Since I received my car in boxes and sandwich bags it was a no brainer for me to order the Interior and Body bolt kits from AMK. Yes its a bit expensive, but the alternative is all the hours you spend cleaning and then wondering if the bolts ended up in the right place.
But, as I've found out, the bolt kits don't include everything. I had to separately order the bolts for the lock and window mechanisms, screws for the wheel moldings and a few other items. No complaining though. AMK has been one of the better vendors I've dealt with.

1968 GTO (Thanks Mom)
2006 Silverado
2007 Cadillac SRX
2015 Chevy Express

Old 05-07-2020, 05:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Strangely, I have the most obscure hardware bagged and labeled ... whereas the larger more important hardware I have somehow lost.

Biggest mistake ever was not parking the parts car out back out of sight and keeping it there for parts and reference rather than disassembling it and trying to keep track of all the parts. It was a God send ... went to see my wife at work, crossed the street, and there was a V8, automatic, two door, AC, PS, PB, Tinted window, same color interior as my GTO 68 Lemans parked with a for sale sign on it, licensed and on the road. Literally almost a copy of my GTO just a different exterior color. Bought it for $700 (1994).

Had some rust, body was marginal, sold the doors, trunk lid, hood, bumpers .... had the frame, engine, rear end, shell, trans towed to the scrap yard. Frame was great due to a life long rear main leak it appeared.

Anyway ... live and learn.