Old 05-11-2020, 09:49 AM

Default Re. problem with turning lights! #30

Hello and thanks to all that gave me directions! UPDATE The isue was when I turned on my Parking lights or Headlights both turning lights would come on (Green) 67 GTO!! Signal lights would flash but both remain on Green. So I pulled the seat stuck head under dash. Found 2 black wires going into 1 Male spud. (Up behind Ash Tray) going nowhere. Measured voltage, No volts, Put a jump wire on spud and went to ground! Walla! Turned on parking lights signal lights did NOT come on and function as they should . QUESTION Ware does this male spud plug in I can not locate it! (Two Black Wires Going In To 1 Male Spud Up Behind Ashtray) any help would be appreciated!

Old 05-11-2020, 11:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Is that one male spade a factory terminal with plastic connector? Or a terminal someone has added?

Either way I wouldn't worry much about it being hooked up factory. I'd bolt/screw it to a good ground where ever is easiest. If you don't want to change terminals.... Make up a jumper wire with a ring terminal on one end and female spade on the other.

Clay

Old 05-11-2020, 02:18 PM

Yes it has a brown plastic spud! Note this car is Factory!! I know because I bought it when it was 3yrs old. Zero modifications.

Old 05-11-2020, 04:23 PM
Senior Chief

Unless you're growing taters in the car, I think 'spade' would be the correct terminology

Old 05-11-2020, 05:08 PM

Wow dint know this was a (Grammar Site) to ! How Cool

Old 05-16-2020, 07:37 AM

Well I found it. The twin black wire that grounds the turning signals on a 67 GTO Runs across to the back of the radio plug! Factory go figure. I would like to Thank Pete for sticking with me on this!!

Last edited by sd331c; 05-16-2020 at 07:43 AM. Reason: spelling