Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2016, 08:35 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

SD455J

My former '69 Bonneville YH 428 was re-built in a similar manner. It got a .030 overbore, a .067 equivalent Comp Cam, new pistons with a 9.5:1 CR, stock intake, balanced crank, fuel pump, new timing gear and chain, main seal, HEI kit, rebuilt Q'jet, log manifolds and dual exhaust. I had a set of original 428 HO long branch manifolds and the large volume air cleaner intake that went with the car when I sold it. I never had it dyno'd but would expect the numbers to be roughly similar as your said. Whatever the exact numbers it ran exceptionally strong and smooth. New owner is installing the Long Branch manifolds with stock 2 1/4" pipes (2 1/2" from the manifolds tampered down to 2 1/4" after the mufflers) which will boost its performance even more.

2 more to go :-)