Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 01-02-2017, 11:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Firebird fiberglass fenders?

Ok maybe im missing it but i looked at VFN and Glasstek for fiberglass fenders for my 75 Firebird. I didnt see them, am i over looking them??

Old 01-03-2017, 12:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Only thing I see even close is a 70-73 or 79-81 one piece front end. Checked US Body Source as well.

Sandy, UT
---------------------------------------------------
Old 01-04-2017, 01:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I can't find anything. I think Dwight may have carbon.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have glass fenders on my bird... I hate to say where they came from... RRE.... they needed work as the mounting points were way off, not a big concern as I mounted them differently anyway..

Chad

Old 01-04-2017, 04:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

First step would be to call VFN. They may have something that's not in catalog.

If that fails, try Suncoast Race Cars. They make some Gen 2 Firebird body stuff. Not sure if they have the specific stuff you're looking for. No experience with them so I can't speak to their quality.

Eric

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

“The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.”
Old 01-04-2017, 04:57 PM

I bought some used ones a few years ago that I found on the old Classical Pontiac board. They needed mounting work to fit well and a skim. They were lighter than the steel but not light weight glass. They had the bracing and mounted like factory. Couldn't find the brand though. Before I got these I found a place online called showcars fiberglass in Canada. Didn't here anything great about the place though.

Old 01-04-2017, 05:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for all the responses! Im still looking at my options but right now im leaning towards a 1 piece 70-73 front. Not my first choice but 75 front-end just don't have many options.

Old 01-04-2017, 05:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I had one of those 70-73 one piece front ends. It would have been better for a lift off. I never did get it to work right, so I sold it.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:46 PM

I had a chance to buy some 'glass ones I found on line ... a guy out near Niagara falls Ontario had them... I don't think I have his contact info any more.. but.. i'll look.
They looked ok... and sorry.. I have no idea who made them.
I wound up passing them up as my steel ones were perfect.. I was thinking of going 'glass for the lighter weight.

Show cars fiberglass , up in here in Ontario...uhm.... well.. let's just say...
online info shows...better to look elsewhere.

I do have a friend... who wanted some lightweight second gen body parts... so started his own carbon fibre company and is manufacturing carbon fiber fenders.. doors... roofs..trunk lids...and I think dash boards too.

so.. if you want to spend some big coin... that might be an alternative for you.

take care
NB

If I can't win.. I don't want to play!
Old 01-25-2017, 11:25 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

http://www.texastransams.com/

Ive thought about this but havent pulled the trigger yet. Front bumper and bumpersttes.

The fenders that i got from R&R came from Fiberglass Trends and they might as well have been made for a chevelle. Fenders, hood and inner fenders all went into the scrap pile. One of those deals where its even hard to resell them, because i couldnt sell a part that i knew was junk.