Midwest Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Old 12-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Not sure I can make it but.........how will trailer parking/security be handled. I'll be racing(might show to) and I'm sure a lot of show cars will be towed as well..
Thanks..

ECM member.
2008 Outlaw Pontiac Drag Series Champion
MANDRA
Do it now fool! Life is short.

69 Grand Prix/3163lbs / IAII 535 w/ Tiger heads by Gaydosh....9.35@ 144 so far.. through mufflers. 1.26 60'.
Going back to track with pump gas engine....
My 60 Ventura retired to street/strip duty..
Old 12-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrierblue66 View Post
Made my reservs at the Wingate by Wyndham Dayton. Step one in a whole list of things that need to come together in order for me to attend with my car. Pretty excited
This post was made BEFORE I owned my '63 Safari, which I picked up in early December, and will be the car I drive out to Dayton. Looking forward to the 50th anniversary of the 1963 models.

My Garage
Tarheel Tigers Pontiac Club of Raleigh, NC
Old 12-26-2012, 11:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60man View Post
Not sure I can make it but.........how will trailer parking/security be handled. I'll be racing(might show to) and I'm sure a lot of show cars will be towed as well..
Thanks..
Hopefully better than last time. Trailer parking was a disaster...

1966 GTO Hardtop - PS 14.84 @ 97mph
Old 12-28-2012, 12:24 PM

Well I got the old yellow Bonneville back together after setting her on fire. Plan on making Norwalk and the Co-convention this year. I'm looking into storing the car and trailer for the time between Norwalk and Columbus in Columbus since we drive thru there going to and from Abilene. Unless of course something catastrophic happens. Sure would save some fuel costs and travel time. Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones not to mention hanging around some awesome cars!

milt

Old 12-28-2012, 01:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartazoo View Post
Hopefully better than last time. Trailer parking was a disaster...
Disaster is being kind! Your committee is well aware that trailer parking was a nitemare in 2009. The largest problem was that participants parked in trailer parking on Sunday night and locked their vehicle (event was not supposed to start until Tuesday). The first couple that pulled in and left messed up the trailer parking flow for the week. We know what to be prepared for now and will have staff available to assist with parking and getting people in the right location to keep nice traffic flow.

We will have members working the trailer lot and paid/volunteer security monitoring the lots. More to come.

Apologize for not being on here much lately. Had a new baby on Dec 17th and everyone else in the family has had the flu since then. Hopefully today will be a puke free day! -Doug Pulskamp

Old 12-28-2012, 11:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks like my summer show plans may be in limbo at this point. I got thrown a curve ball in our lawsuit, and had to spend my summer traveling money to retain a lawyer. I may not be able to attend either event.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 12-29-2012, 09:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry H. View Post
Looks like my summer show plans may be in limbo at this point. I got thrown a curve ball in our lawsuit, and had to spend my summer traveling money to retain a lawyer. I may not be able to attend either event.
That sucks Jerry. Hope things work out and you're able to attend one of the events.

63 Lemans Race Car- 8.81 @ 151, 5.60 @ 123(SOLD)

67 Bonneville ragtop

74 Firebird - 455, e heads, TK0600 in process
Old 12-29-2012, 09:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Damn Jerry, sad to read that. I've been optimistic that no news was good news.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 12-29-2012, 05:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

Is the schedule going to be posted here? I see lots of comments but, not much information. Am sure it is at other places too but, why not here?

What about swap meet? rules, costs, schedule, etc??

I may make the drive from Arizona.

thanks much

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11
Old 12-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
Damn Jerry, sad to read that. I've been optimistic that no news was good news.
Me too Chris. We were all set to go to a Jury Trial right here in this small town where I've lived for over 30 years and then they file for a Summary Judgement on Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas to me. I despise the young female attorneys trying to make a name for themselves in these large firms.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That motion will get denied if you've already been granted a jury trial.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 01-07-2013, 03:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via ICQ to Hammertime Mike

I'm locked in for the Co-Convention, just received my e-mail confirmation. Now all we need is good weather for friday.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Steve I will post a schedule and swap meet info later this week. Tying up a loose end or two on it now...

My site... needs updated-
www.fastrestorations.com

68 GTO's (RA II, RA I, HO, convert, Pro Street, Racecar, etc.), 2 69 GTO Judges, 70 GTO racecar -10.77 @ 124mph, 68 Tempest survivor, 3 03 Aztecs!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Question Hey,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry H. View Post
You DO know you can stay here for FREE...right? I'm less than 40 minutes from the Co-Vention AND the track. Just sayin'. Don't mind dogs...do ya? ;]

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Landis View Post
You DO know you can stay here for FREE...right? I'm less than 40 minutes from the Co-Vention AND the track. Just sayin'. Don't mind dogs...do ya? ;]
I appreciate it Ron. Long story, but even the gas up may be a stretch if things go south. I'll keep ya updated.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:51 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

How many of the forum members have attempted to make room reservations and found the block has been filled?
Robin is recieving a lot of comments on : https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/506773396012763/
the "2013 POCI-GTOAA Co-Vention Dayton OH" face book page that the rooms are booked up.
If this is so, I would like to know so that maybe an attempt to secure a bigger block could be made. Let us know your findings.
Cap

Cap & Robin Proffitt-GTOAA PR & Member Recruitment Team
Old 01-14-2013, 08:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Cap,

There are still PLENTY of rooms available in the area, but several hotels are sold out peak nights (such as the Holiday Inn and Homewood Suites). The committee was just in Dayton last Thursday going over a lot of details and the Hope Hotel and Conference Center still has over 200 rooms available! It is a unique hotel (being located on the USAF Museum grounds) that has undergone an extensive remodel since 2009. It is a little longer drive to the Nutter Center, but still within 5 minutes. They also have a breakfast option with Packy's (attached to the hotel). Overall very cost effective. Also worth noting that the GTOAA Awards Banquet and POCI Chapter Night will be taking place at The Hope. They have much larger banquet space available than the Holiday Inn. All of the convention committe is staying at the Hope Hotel and plenty of space available.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:50 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks for the update Doug. There were several on facebook that seemed to be feeling a degree of frustration.....Robin will pass this info on to those that are communicating via facebook. I was just using this medium to verify if it was a universal concern. I'm sure everyone appreciates the update.
Call on us in what ever way we can help. I'm in awe of your passion to pull this together.
Cap

Old 01-14-2013, 10:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I understand the frustration. Hell, I don't even have a room at the "host hotel", but there are plenty of others available! Have Robin send me folks concerns and will see if there is anything we can do. Thanks, Doug.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:01 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Doug, I copied your earlier letter and pasted it on Facebook (both the GTOAA FB page & the 2013 Event page). Hopefully, this will help folks get a room. Larry Crider of POCI was one of them. He's one of the "Friends" on the 2013 event & GTOAA pages.
If I hear of more, I'll copy them to you. ~Robin