Midwest Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Old 08-25-2013, 09:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Blue 66 View Post
Pretty sure there will be a few of them at MCACN in November
I think at least 6 of them were there, most were complete and painted and one was supposedly undergoing restoration. It looks like it was also featured in Hemmings Muscle Machines in their July issue.

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...99&postcount=3

1970 Buick Skylark Custom convertible(driver) Fire Red
1972 Buick GS 455 Stage 1 Royal Blue
Old 08-25-2013, 10:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It was the one the was partially restored at last years show and is now complete. I heard it didnt even place??? The show is a joke if this is true since it was the nicest first gen there.
It was parked upfront between the second gens (B class) and vendors. Pretty hard to miss since if one walked by or towards the hotel front door.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My Bio: I am currently writing articles for POCI's Smoke Signals magazine and enjoy promoting and discussing the history of the Pontiac Motor Division.
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeNoun For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2013, 10:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Never took a one.......

Old 08-25-2013, 10:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
It was the one the was partially restored at last years show and is now complete. I heard it didnt even place???
I heard it placed first in its class from the guy who placed second.

1970 Buick Skylark Custom convertible(driver) Fire Red
1972 Buick GS 455 Stage 1 Royal Blue
Old 08-26-2013, 06:18 AM

I'd like to hear some numbers on the turn out, and did they pull together a cruise Saturday?

Old 08-26-2013, 06:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

My car got a lot of attention and even got to poise for HPP picture...

Old 08-26-2013, 07:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
It was the one the was partially restored at last years show and is now complete. I heard it didnt even place??? The show is a joke if this is true since it was the nicest first gen there.
It was parked upfront between the second gens (B class) and vendors. Pretty hard to miss since if one walked by or towards the hotel front door.
The car should have won best of show in addition to 1st in class. I stayed for the awards and I was baffled it didn't even place.

It was nice putting a face to the forum members. I'm glad I don't drink anymore after viewing the crew Sunday morning.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:31 PM

The Nats were fun as usual....good friends and cold beer ......and found some parts I needed for the restoration........see everyone next year... for the 26th time....

76 SE 455 hardtop
87 GTA
89 Turbo TA
02 CETA Convert
Old 08-26-2013, 10:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A few from the Natz...These are on the way there.

The Following User Says Thank You to Norwood For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2013, 10:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Great pics! Thanks for posting!

My Bio: I am currently writing articles for POCI's Smoke Signals magazine and enjoy promoting and discussing the history of the Pontiac Motor Division.
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeNoun For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2013, 01:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNoun View Post
Attendance is down at all of these events.

The POCI/GTOAA in Dayton had about 1/2 the turnout than it did in 2009 (despite what certain people, who are responsible for promoting this show, will tell you). They reported over 1,000 entries (they had 1,024 in 2009), but as of the the last day, I'd estimate about 500-600 Pontiacs. Nowhere near the turnout of the 2009 show, although there were just as many spectacular cars inside the stadium. There were dozens of rows in the show field parking lots that were nearly empty.

The Cruisin' Tigers Show here in Illinois was also a light turnout, even with beautiful weather. I saw a couple videos posted on YouTube for Sunday's show day, and the grassy area was only about half full.

The Trans Am Nationals was a little light last year, perhaps about 60% of the turnout in 2011 or 2010. The 4th Gen car field seems to increase about 10% every year, while the others seem to diminish about 5% each every year.

Face it folks, the economy is MUCH worse than the left wing pundits report it is. Plus, with gas at $4.00 a gallon, most Americans are now working two part time jobs, with no health care, when they used to work one full time job.

The good news is that Woodward seems to be drawing them in, as more and more sponsors get on board for that event. Most people seem to be migrating towards the one BIG show per year, verses attending 4 or 5 shows per year, plus the BIG show. Cruise nights are diminishing in attendance too, with what seems like the same cars every week.
I just can't let crap like this go without comment. I don't have time right now to do it justice. This may not be the propper place either... I think I will post FACTS in the lobby. Look for a thread titled "Great time to be in the Pontiac hobby!" I will put it up later tonight.

For now let me just say Mr Noun should check facts before stating opinion as fact.

My site... needs updated-
www.fastrestorations.com

68 GTO's (RA II, RA I, HO, convert, Pro Street, Racecar, etc.), 2 69 GTO Judges, 70 GTO racecar -10.77 @ 124mph, 68 Tempest survivor, 3 03 Aztecs!