Midwest Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Old 08-07-2015, 08:39 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge273 View Post
Any indoor spots left?
Mike, my transport plans have fallen thru, you could take my spot if it is ok with Paul??

1970 GTO Judge
RA-III, 4-SPD & A/C. Power Windows, Power Seat, Power Brakes, Steering, AM/FM, 8-Track, Formula Wheel, Rallye Gauges, Remote Mirror, Numbers Matching. Assembled at Pontiac, MI Plant 5/26/1970.

1968 GTO
461 CI, RA-III heads, Hotchkis springs, UMI suspension, Bilstein shocks, 12-bolt 3.73's.

1966 GTO Ragtop
4-Speed, AM/FM, Original driveline.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I will call Paul and see if its ok. But, anyways sorry to hear you're not coming. I wanted to see that beauty and meet you.

Old 08-07-2015, 07:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If you go inside it better be with a Judge and not a Bird.

Old 08-08-2015, 09:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks like rain all weekend. I'm not gonna be there. I dont melt,but the cars do....

Old 08-08-2015, 09:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Today is an awsome day

Old 08-08-2015, 10:56 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Looks like I'm eating 120 bucks...

1970 GTO Judge
RA-III, 4-SPD & A/C. Power Windows, Power Seat, Power Brakes, Steering, AM/FM, 8-Track, Formula Wheel, Rallye Gauges, Remote Mirror, Numbers Matching. Assembled at Pontiac, MI Plant 5/26/1970.

1968 GTO
461 CI, RA-III heads, Hotchkis springs, UMI suspension, Bilstein shocks, 12-bolt 3.73's.

1966 GTO Ragtop
Old 08-08-2015, 12:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well I just spent the last 1.5 hours over at the show.......I'm sure that this will be a GREAT show just like the ones in the past, BUT......IMHO I don't know the reasons for the move across the street other than doubling the amount of indoor air conditioned spots. The outdoor on the grass parking from the past will be greatly missed. The pavement is HOT and will retain the heat making for an uncomfortable day in the least. In all the years across the street this show never filled the grassy area so I don't think its a space issue, in fact the show could have doubled from previous years and not filled the grassy area. I'm sure it will be a great show but I wont be staying very long.

Old 08-08-2015, 11:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood View Post
Well I just spent the last 1.5 hours over at the show.......I'm sure that this will be a GREAT show just like the ones in the past, BUT......IMHO I don't know the reasons for the move across the street other than doubling the amount of indoor air conditioned spots. The outdoor on the grass parking from the past will be greatly missed. The pavement is HOT and will retain the heat making for an uncomfortable day in the least. In all the years across the street this show never filled the grassy area so I don't think its a space issue, in fact the show could have doubled from previous years and not filled the grassy area. I'm sure it will be a great show but I wont be staying very long.
Theres no pleasing you Craig. I was on the show field all day with over 250 other Pontiacs and none of them left nor did I hear any complainant about the show grounds. You should have stayed for the all make and model cruise. It was packed. Over 450 cars on the grounds. And the band was awesome.

The reason for the move was an overall better venue and allow room for growth. Im sorry if you cant see that and only see what pleases YOU. A show field with grass. We sold out the indoor arena with no problem. So others feel different obviously.

I poled many people and they really liked the new digs.

Old 08-09-2015, 12:19 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I for one like the new digs!
Good talking with you Paul while you had some down time. You're car is looking good btw!
If the rain comes Sunday like the forecast says......the pavement
will really be appreciated versus the muddy grass like a couple of years ago.
Lots of room for growing for sure!

Nice job to all who volunteer their time to put on this great show......thank you!

Old 08-09-2015, 06:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Paul don't be offended and don't be personal. You are right you won't always please everyone. Yes I'm sure that I am the only one that preferred the grass to the pavement. It's not my show, but I have very much supported it thru the years and voiced my opinion that I don't think it's a better situation. I couldn't stay due to other commitments for the day but you know I would have if I could. I'm pretty sure that others had to leave during the course of the day but you might not have seen them. I feel my points are valid and that the grass is more comfortable and that there was plenty of room for growth across the street , it's just my opinion. I believe I stated that this is was a Great show in the past and will be a Great show, so why do you seem offended by my opinion . I will continue to support this show as it is one of the best Pontiac shows in the country . I just liked across the street better and stated such

Old 08-09-2015, 06:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well for the second time in as far back as I can remember it will be raining on the show , thank God for the pavement. I am one of the few that will bring my car out in the rain so
Be sure to stop and say hi.

Last edited by Norwood; 08-09-2015 at 07:05 AM.
Old 08-09-2015, 08:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The grass offered pro's and con's but in my opinion more benefits than asphalt. Not only for comfort on a hot August day but also for our Tent Steaks. I suppose its like everything else
value and economics.

Old 08-09-2015, 10:11 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well I guess I ended up supporting the club's treasury fund anyway... If the weather was better I would driven down and used my indoor space, but no way I'm driving down there with all the rain. Wish I could have made it. Hope there's a lot of pix posted. Bummed out big time...

1970 GTO Judge

1968 GTO

1966 GTO Ragtop
Old 08-10-2015, 09:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6TEE8GTO View Post
Well I guess I ended up supporting the club's treasury fund anyway... If the weather was better I would driven down and used my indoor space, but no way I'm driving down there with all the rain. Wish I could have made it. Hope there's a lot of pix posted. Bummed out big time...
You must mean the clubs charity fund. Im sorry you couldn't make it.

Old 08-10-2015, 11:25 AM

Talking Pictures?

I couldn't make it this year, cant wait to see pictures?

Old 08-10-2015, 12:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotCat_63 View Post
I couldn't make it this year, cant wait to see pictures?
LOL, I was so busy with the show, I didn't really even get a chance to really walk the field and examine the beauty of all the iron. Therefore, I have no pics.

Anyone else?

Old 08-12-2015, 10:40 AM

Default 69 Trans Am Barn find

Who has the story of the 69 Trans Am Barn Find that showed up?

Old 08-12-2015, 12:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A big thank you to Paul Weinstein for fulfilling the last minute request for an electric scooter for Jim Wangers. Pheasant Run is a spread out facility, and the scooter was a life saver. I couldn't wipe the smile off of his face.

Old 08-12-2015, 02:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireJudge View Post
Who has the story of the 69 Trans Am Barn Find that showed up?
This is the one from the Firebird club.

http://midwestfirebirds.org/?p=3495

Old 08-12-2015, 05:27 PM

here are some photos from the show

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=110903ce2a

(you dont have to be a facebook member to view them)