Old 10-15-2020, 07:30 AM

Default New gas tank and sender problems, defective sender?

Last year i got a hyperfuel efi gastank (tanks inc and fitech collabaration)

tank included: pump, sender and rollover valve.
after mounting the tank fuel level sender seem to work correctly , after filling it up later that same day problems started imidiatly with gauge showing full empty with the sligthes movment of the car.
Long story short:
I ended up replacing the fuel gauge to a programmable speedhut unit, and directly hooking up both sender cabeles to the gauge (the whole length of the car) i corrugated tubing for protection). Also grounded the gastank to the frame with heavy gauge cable.

I still have problems, every thing is new.
But it works flawlessly when i am at 1/2 tank or under. Fill it up and it alternates between full and empty.

Best i can guess is that 1/2 of the rehostat range on fuel level sender is somehow broken.
Anyone else have similiar experiences?

I have bougth a new S5 center float sender, but dreading the gastank removal again, I have bench tested the new Centerfloat sender with a multimeter works great, also unhooked the to wires from my existing fuel level sender and hoked up the S5 center float sender and gauge in car works fine....

-469 ,Butler 310+ Eheads, Hurricane intake portmatched by butler, Butler roller 230/236 @0.50 112 LSA, Johnson lifters, pypes 2 1/2" exhaust, 3.42 yukon duragrip lsd, holley sniper efi, hyperfuel efi tank +++

Last edited by djustice; 10-15-2020 at 07:37 AM. Reason: errors