Old 05-15-2013, 09:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Richard , any chance you could provide a picture - or just the full written data - from your 04A Baltimore Judge trim tag ?

Would like to compare to this car.

04A body build - with 04/02 ship date.
Means it started from scratch panels and welded together by Fisher .. etc etc blah blah
painted -joined to chassis - fully completed etc etc
All on April 1st.

Invoiced and shipped April 2nd.

Never seen one that tight before.
just curious what data some other 4A examples might provide

Old 05-15-2013, 09:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle_collector View Post
john the reason I ask about your cars, you may not realize it, but you do post a lot of things that would cast a cloud of doubt on cars that don't deserve it. there was a guy here in town that used to do the same thing on a regular basis and it was all based on his envy of not having anything of the caliber and rarity of the ones he was constantly trying to tear apart.
I think John's proved his mettle over the years here and on CP. His is a voice to consider. If he is wrong, offer evidence and show him how he is wrong.

I mingle on plenty of Brand X sites and, once in awhile, someone doesn't like what I have to say and goes, "What are you doing here anyway? You don't even own a Buick!"

But:

1. Membership doesn't require ownership.

2. This is a forum that offers us the opportunity for discourse.

3. Are we all adults? So why can't we behave like adults?

(4. And, with the Buick example from a month ago, I outsmarted them all because they're engrossed by intolerance and negativity.)

Asking a rhetorical question whether someone owns a respective vehicle is lame, usually done when a proper counterpoint can't be articulated. John isn't some newbie but an esteemed member of this site, and I feel he should be treated with the same grace that all visitors of this site should be treated - please stop it with the cliquey BS and carry on.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

My 68 trim tag says 07A and invoice date is 7/3/68, not sure if we are talking about the same thing though.

I thought the VIN tags on the driver side dash area were supposed to use those special star rivets, or is that just a 68 thing?

I was enjoying the hell out of this discussion, learning a lot ....learning mostly that I'll never know as much as you guys. I hope you are all in good health, we can't afford to lose this kind of knowledge

JohnnyB

Old 05-16-2013, 07:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego View Post
I think John's proved his mettle over the years here and on CP. His is a voice to consider. If he is wrong, offer evidence and show him how he is wrong.

I mingle on plenty of Brand X sites and, once in awhile, someone doesn't like what I have to say and goes, "What are you doing here anyway? You don't even own a Buick!"

But:

1. Membership doesn't require ownership.

2. This is a forum that offers us the opportunity for discourse.

3. Are we all adults? So why can't we behave like adults?

(4. And, with the Buick example from a month ago, I outsmarted them all because they're engrossed by intolerance and negativity.)

Asking a rhetorical question whether someone owns a respective vehicle is lame, usually done when a proper counterpoint can't be articulated. John isn't some newbie but an esteemed member of this site, and I feel he should be treated with the same grace that all visitors of this site should be treated - please stop it with the cliquey BS and carry on.
It doesn't surprise me that you would endorse his behavior since you've been guilty of it yourself. It's a lightspace jump to go from a rare car that is the wrong colors and has the wrong motor (very common) to one that's a tag job - and to put that in context, immediately after he said the same thing about a numbers matching, fully restored, all original body panel RA IV TA for absolutely no reason? Esteemed member? Hmmm? Now you expect us to offer evidence against his straw man argument in order to disprove it? Hmmm?

But by all means, carry on - it's good for the hobby, or your ego, I'm not sure which.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 05-16-2013, 08:32 AM
Senior Chief

This thread is AWESOME !

Old 05-16-2013, 09:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
Blah blah blah
(yawn...)

Old 05-16-2013, 05:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ok it's my dam car, I was hoping if I spent thousands and sent it to Italy you guys wouldn't find it!!

I have already sold it twice to clowns in Nigeria for 25,000 and am waiting for the cashiers check to clear! (SUCKERS) ha ha!

Would you stop fighting and picking at my car! I have proved my (METAL) AND I AM HIGHLY SELF ESTEEMED in this Pontiac world I live in.

I love John V. and the Boss both and always read their posts and learn a lot from them and if I disagree so what who cares other than me and a bunch of Nigerians.

Both of you guys add a lot to the site! thank you

P.S. I sent you both a cashiers check to Goose up my car a little.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks Richard, enjoy yours as well, but this is a thankless, loosing battle that I'm done fighting.

Bash away all you like boys, make **** up and say what you want about any of these cars. Shark tank the **** out of them and see where we end up. Nobody will be any smarter, and all the cars will have crappy reputations and be worth nothing.

Hell, if the guys that love them don't support them, why should anyone else.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978

Last edited by The Boss; 05-16-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Sorry I need the real experts knowledge, I better at making Junior High jokes comments and adding some stuff, some of the time, but I am not an expert!

All I can say if we stick to the cars and not people were all better off, the hobby is about the cars.

It is important when we (PY members) get something wrong the people who now the difference speak up. BuTTTTTTTTTTTT. Truth is king always has been.

No one gets anywhere when it gets personal and this hobby loses it's magic.

This thread started out magic, lets challenge each other, please that's all.

As I said in my last post, opinions are like A**holes we all have them, me and a bunch of Nigerians, but knowledge is King.

By the way any post The Boss or John V. has on here I will read and try to learn.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:43 AM
Suspended

Default pontiac world

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard sargent View Post
Ok it's my dam car, I was hoping if I spent thousands and sent it to Italy you guys wouldn't find it!!

I have already sold it twice to clowns in Nigeria for 25,000 and am waiting for the cashiers check to clear! (SUCKERS) ha ha!

Would you stop fighting and picking at my car! I have proved my (METAL) AND I AM HIGHLY SELF ESTEEMED in this Pontiac world I live in.

I love John V. and the Boss both and always read their posts and learn a lot from them and if I disagree so what who cares other than me and a bunch of Nigerians.

Both of you guys add a lot to the site! thank you

P.S. I sent you both a cashiers check to Goose up my car a little.
PLEASE DONT FORGET ABOUT HOBI

Old 05-28-2013, 01:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by corellian corvette View Post

Say John gets the car, orders a copy of the PHS
WRONG ORDER!!!! Who would buy this car first THEN order the PHS, any Pontiac worth good money for that matter. Sure the owners PHS is something to go buy but you have to authenticate for yourself.

Pretty good thread

1970 GTO 4spd VOE Pepper Green, green int.
1967 LeMans 428 Auto. Blue, black int.