Old 08-31-2008, 03:45 PM

plus i'm not to worrid about being original as this is going to be a restomod car since there isn't much original on it

My Build Thread

http://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35787
Old 08-31-2008, 03:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

its good to have other people working on their GTO, yours and others have helped motivate me to do mine, working on a 68 now for my girlfriend then I can start on my other 68

Old 08-31-2008, 03:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
plus i'm not to worrid about being original as this is going to be a restomod car since there isn't much original on it
Those are the kind I like anyway, I dont think I could even own a rare numbers matching GTO, I would be too worried about it. I prefer to build them to my taste which is refined and fast. my build is on here as well starting from the frame up.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:47 PM

getting ready to put the engine in tomorrow

sanded and painted the drive shaft

My Build Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 04:00 PM

finally bolted the headers and motor woo hoo

now I just need to start assembling the clutch parts, all the dam accessories, plugs, wires, distributor, and a bunch of other things before I get the body panels back on and then I can take it up to the shop for its first startup

should I wait to fit up the exhaust and do the first startup on open headers? lol

yes exhaust will be getting replaced eventually with bigger tubbing

Damn brake proportioning valve was in the way of the driver side header so just moved it up and out of the way for now I'll figure out later how I mount to mount it

My Build Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 06:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: The conservative enclave in a land of liberals; South Orange County, CA

I was told NOT to fire mine up with open headers...if something's wrong with the engine, you won't be able to hear it.

Looking GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!