Old 06-07-2020, 02:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Held for Ransom View Post
Forgot to add. Check eBay for their "1981 Grant Catalog". It will tell you that the 214 is a Classic walnut wood style, 13+" in diameter and 3+" in depth. I don't know where the specific applications would be listed.
Yes, I saw that ‘81 catalog on eBay.

My model #214 is 15” in diameter with No dish (flat) as I mentioned above.

So it seems different #214 may have been offered throughout the decades.

Chris.

1) 65 GTO Survivor. 43,440 Original Miles. “Factory” Mayfair Maize Paint with Black Pinstripe, Black Cordova Top, Black Interior, OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Purchased from the Lady that bought it new. Baltimore Built (11A).
2) 66 GTO Survivor. “Factory” Cameo Ivory Paint with Red Pinstripe, Red Interior. OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Tri-Power (OEM Vacuum Linkage), Automatic "YR" code (1759 Produced). Fremont Built (01B), with the Rare 614 Option.
Old 06-07-2020, 03:05 PM
Suspended

I may have missed this somewhere, but in reading all the posts, why has this question been asked? Are you trying to verify/confirm a Grant wheel you presently have on your car? or go nostalgia?

Grant still makes steering wheels. They have wood and the metallic styles. I purchased one for my '68 Lemans trying to go period correct when I was in high school and you were cool if you had a Grant steering wheel, Jensen speakers cut into your doors (got them), a Kraco 8-track/stereo (got the under dash 8-track), aluminum slots (have a set) & M50 tires, and of course Cragar Mags, and the car had to be jacked up in the rear with Monroe/Gabrial Hi-Jacker air shocks - this was late 1970's & early 80's. I think Pioneer followed and was the hot stereo to have in your car.

http://www.grantproducts.com/product...ls/automotive/

Old 06-07-2020, 03:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacJim1959 View Post
I may have missed this somewhere, but in reading all the posts, why has this question been asked? Are you trying to verify/confirm a Grant wheel you presently have.
The Why -

The question “I was asking in my thread” is what year was the First “Wood Wheel” manufactured by Grant?

Sorry for the confusion.

The Grant wood wheel I own is in post #8-9 and l’m also trying to determine what year it may be.

Chris.

1) 65 GTO Survivor. 43,440 Original Miles. “Factory” Mayfair Maize Paint with Black Pinstripe, Black Cordova Top, Black Interior, OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Purchased from the Lady that bought it new. Baltimore Built (11A).
2) 66 GTO Survivor. “Factory” Cameo Ivory Paint with Red Pinstripe, Red Interior. OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Tri-Power (OEM Vacuum Linkage), Automatic "YR" code (1759 Produced). Fremont Built (01B), with the Rare 614 Option.
Old 06-07-2020, 09:34 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sstuff View Post
The Why -

The question “I was asking in my thread” is what year was the First “Wood Wheel” manufactured by Grant?

Sorry for the confusion.

The Grant wood wheel I own is in post #8-9 and l’m also trying to determine what year it may be.

Chris.
OK, I kinda picked that up. Is it important to know what year your wheel was made? I would think that a wheel like that would have a production run of sorts before any modifications may have been made to change it to a differing design. So the wheel may be 1965, but the same design with no changes was manufactured up to 1979 for example.

Have you tried to email Grant with your pics and a query? They may be able to answer your question or tell you what specifically to look for in the design which may date it within a range of years. Could be a stamping somewhere that they know where to find it.

Old 07-26-2020, 11:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Any photos ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtopont View Post
i took it off 6 years later..anyone want it with all the parts and horn for mounting ?
Still waiting to see photos of your Grant steering wheel that I’m interested in.

Plus let’s see your Iris Mist 65.

CT.