Old 06-11-2018, 04:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Awesome garage door hinges

Hey guys I bought some garage door hinges that I wish I knew about years ago. They're called Green Hinge System and they work by taking the slop out of the door and pressing it up to the seal. I installed three sets this weekend and was shocked how well they work keeping the heat out and a bonus I didn't expect was how they made the garage so much quieter. Check out the door and how it's up against the frame and the other of the hinge itself. They're made in USA and by an average guy wanting make his garage warmer. This winter will be so much nicer with the snow staying outside instead of coming around the door. Even with the door adjusted as tight as possible the wind just pushed around the seal and snow came in. I know I sound weird but if any of you are like me and like a warm or cool garage you need to check them out. www.GreenHingeSystem.com

The Following User Says Thank You to SR-71 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2022, 06:27 PM
Boost Engineer

Link does not work for me.

TV

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 01-23-2022, 07:25 PM

Post was bumped by a spammer, who has been banned. I checked the link and it isn't working, even though the company shows up in a google search. Their Facebook page is still alive: https://www.facebook.com/GreenHinge/

They have received a lot of praise over on the Garage Journal for their hinges, and are still listed on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/green-hinge-s...n+hinge+system

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stuart For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2022, 02:16 PM
Senior Chief

I have these on all 4 of my bay doors in the shop. They make a major difference against drafts & noise. I have also spoken at length with the owner several times over the years about different things, he is very willing to talk & answer an questions you may have.......Highly Recommended!

God Bless
Bill
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...closed.614419/

Bills' Auto Works Est 1983 & still going strong!

1955 Chevy Altered W.B. Gasser
1955 Nash Ambassador Custom Lemans
1957 Chieftan 2dr HT
1964 Grand Prix
1966 Catalina Conv. 421
1966 Ambassador DPL 2dr HT
1966 Ambassador Cust. 2 DR HT
1967 Marlin
1967 Toronado
1973 Nova Full Chassis Car
1992 Jag XJS Conv
1992 Jag XJS Coupe